Affairs of the Vine Wine Shootouts ...Distinctly Different Wine Competitions 11th Annual Pinot Noir Shootout and 7th Cabernet Shootout are Underway
SEBASTOPOL, Calif., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Distinctly different wine competitions, Affairs of the Vine Wine Shootouts are comprehensive and focused tastings of varietal wines.
The Pinot Noir Shootout, celebrating its 11th year, focuses on Pinot Noir, Blanc de Noirs and other Pinot Noir based sparkling wines. The Cabernet Shootout is concentrating on Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Blends for the 7th time.
The Pinot Noir and Cabernet Shootout boast incredibly diverse tasting panels comprised of over 70 wine industry professionals from varying disciplines.
The wines submitted to the competitions are tasted over a three-month period. Just 32 wines are tasted per day in the prelims and finals, allowing the judges to be completely immersed, focused and fair to the wines. Palate fatigue is not a factor in the tastings. Wines are tasted completely blind without reference to appellation, vintage or price.
Detailed notes accompany the scores of each judge. Gender counts...scores and comments are recorded separately and posted on the Affairs of the Vine website. Wine Shootout Judges
More on the Wine Shootout Process:
- Each wine is judged and reviewed on its own merit.
- All wines are tasted by at least two tasting panels before the finals.
- The educational and engaging, consumer-oriented, follow-up events, The Pinot Noir Summit, The Cabernet Shootout Challenge and Romancing the Rhones allow consumers to taste the top wines and pit their palates against the professional judging panel. The attendees are involved in the process of judging the wines from their perspective: a most memorable and influential experience.
- The Pinot Noir Summit – March 2, 2013
- The Cabernet Challenge – January 26, 2013
- Romancing the Rhones – July 13, 2013
The Shootouts are the only wine competitions in which the judges' conclusions are put to the test by a large unbiased group of wine lovers. More...
Due to harvest pressures, the 11th Annual Pinot Noir Shootout and 7th Cabernet Shootout are running concurrently.
Wineries interested in participating in these events should contact Affairs of the Vine.
NOTE TO EDITORS: For additional information, visit: Affairs of the Vine
Journalists may contact Barbara Drady: Barbara@affairsofthevine.com, 707-874-1975
AFFAIRS of the VINE
Barbara Drady, Chief Wine Evangelist
696 Elliott Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Affairs of the Vine