SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net, an independent college search and rankings site that centers on unique and affordable offerings within higher education, announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Marketing. The list can be viewed here:
At No. 1 on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list is University of Louisiana at Monroe in Monroe, Louisiana. ULM is followed by Missouri Southern State University (Joplin, Missouri) and Park University (Parkville, Missouri), in second and third places respectively. The complete list of all 20 U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* American Public University System (Charles Town, West Virginia)
* Columbia College (Columbia, Missouri)
* Columbia Southern University (Orange Beach, Alabama)
* Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, Florida)
* Florida International University (Miami, Florida)
* Fort Hays State University (Hays, Kansas)
* Indiana State University (Terre Haute, Indiana)
* Metropolitan State University (Saint Paul, Minnesota)
* Minot State University (Minot, North Dakota)
* Missouri Southern State University (Joplin, Missouri)
* New Mexico State University (Las Cruces, New Mexico)
* Northwest Missouri State University (Maryville, Missouri)
* Park University (Parkville, Missouri)
* Troy University (Troy, Alabama)
* University of Louisiana at Monroe (Monroe, Louisiana)
* University of Memphis (Memphis, Tennessee)
* University of Minnesota-Crookston (Crookston, Minnesota)
* University of West Alabama (Livingston, Alabama)
* University of Wisconsin-Stout (Menomonie, Wisconsin)
* Wilmington University (New Castle, Delaware)
"Marketing jobs are expected to have a significant growth in the next decade or so, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Their Occupation Outlook Handbook data for 2014-2024 suggests that there will be as much as 19% job growth in that time period for certain types of marketing work," said Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher.
"For anyone interested in this type of work, a bachelor's degree in marketing -- as well as necessary certification(s) -- is highly recommended. Online degrees afford more convenience for students who have pressing obligations in other parts of their life -- which includes raising a family, being on remote military duty, holding down a job, or some combination of these or other factors. An online program can of course be completed from anywhere with a computer/ tablet and an Internet connection, and often on the student's own schedule.
"As with the rest of this series of affordable online bachelor's degree rankings at AffordableSchools.net, we're adding value to each ranking list by constantly introducing features that make it easier for degree-seekers to compare schools. In this article, we've added an innovative circular chart for convenient, simultaneous comparison of all 20 ranked colleges in terms of nine data points: tuition (in-state, out-of-state), net price, student population size (total, undergrads, grads), age of college, graduation rate and transfer-out rate. This is in addition to the over 60 interactive charts that are already part of the series, which includes a mini-dashboard for each ranked college, as well as a more traditional grouped bar chart, plus handy tables for those degree-seekers who prefer them.
"This ranking covers lower-cost bachelor's degree programs in Marketing or closely related programs, based on the net price per college, as recorded in the NCES database. We've also filtered some of the NCES.ed.gov source data to focus on colleges with a minimum 20% graduation rate per school (percentage subject to change in the series). Additional data points for each of the 20 schools ranked include graduation rate, transfer-out rate, housing/ cost of living info (for those students who plan to live on or near college anyways) and others. Our goal is to help students and/or parents reduce the massive effort that finding a college entails, as well as make sense of NCES college data."
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-2016-ranking-of-affordable-online-bachelors-degrees-in-marketing-300241850.html