SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Computer Networking
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota); (2) Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, Utah); (3) Bellevue University (Bellevue, Nebraska). The complete list of all 20 ranked U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* American Business and Technology University (St Joseph, Missouri)
* American InterContinental University-Online (Schaumburg, Illinois)
* American National University (Salem, Virginia)
* Argosy University-Phoenix Online Division (Phoenix, Arizona)
* Bellevue University (Bellevue, Nebraska)
* Capella University (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
* Career Point College (San Antonio, Texas)
* Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
* Dakota State University (Madison, South Dakota)
* DeVry University-Ohio (Columbus, Ohio)
* ECPI University (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
* Hodges University (Naples, Florida)
* National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota)
* Rasmussen College-Minnesota (St. Cloud, Minnesota)
* Rogers State University (Claremore, Oklahoma)
* Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, New Hampshire)
* University of Maryland University College (Adelphi, Maryland)
* University of Phoenix-Arizona (Tempe, Arizona)
* Virginia College-Birmingham (Birmingham, Alabama)
* Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, Utah)
"If you have been researching possible after-college careers at all, it's likely you've come across the fact that there is a significant shortage of skilled workers in the USA and elsewhere for computer programming/ software engineering roles," said the article's lead researcher, Raj Dash.
"There are also career opportunities in the systems administration and security aspects of the computer networks used by many organizations for their computer systems. The many potential network-related career roles vary, with some mostly hardware-related configuration, and others combining software skills.
"While the job growth prediction for computer network-related careers is a more modest 8-9% for the period 2014-2024 -- compared 15-17% for certain software-related roles -- this is still higher than the national average for all jobs in the U.S., for the same time period. The data is courtesy of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH).
"This ranking of online and hybrid bachelors degrees in computer networking provides a starting point for students researching technical schools for their college application list. Included in each entry are the associated professional certifications for which a degree program prepares students. A wide range of hardware/ platform/ certification brands are covered by the rankings article, including: Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA+, Oracle, Amazon, etc., making it easier to compare programs on the basis of desired technologies."
Rankings for this list were compiled with data from NCES, a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We queried for institutions that grant bachelor's degrees in any of the three network-related categories on a distance education basis: (1) System, Networking, and LAN/WAN Management/Manager; (2) Network and System Administration/Administrator; (3) Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications. We then applied our standard data filters. This includes sorting data by increasing average annual net price, and manually selecting the 20 most affordable colleges with active online degree programs (BA, BBA, BS, etc.) in this topic. Similar topical rankings are published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
Raj Kumar Dash (Email)
Skype phone #: 310-929-7240 (voicemail only)
Contact form: http://affordableschools.net/contact/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-affordability-ranking-of-online-bachelors-level-computer-networking-degrees-300320636.html