SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Healthcare Administration and Management (http://affordableschools.net/20-affordable-online-bachelors-degrees-healthcare-administration-management/).
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) South Texas College (McAllen, Texas); (2) Brigham Young University-Idaho (Rexburg, Idaho); (3) University of Louisiana at Lafayette (Lafayette, Louisiana). The complete list of all 20 ranked U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* Baker College (Flint, Michigan)
* Brigham Young University-Idaho (Rexburg, Idaho)
* Central Christian College of Kansas (McPherson, Kansas)
* Cleary University (Howell, Michigan)
* Columbia College (Columbia, Missouri)
* Columbia Southern University (Orange Beach, Alabama)
* East Carolina University (Greenville, North Carolina)
* Jackson State University (Jackson, Mississippi)
* Metropolitan State University of Denver (Denver, Colorado)
* Montana State University-Billings (Billings, Montana)
* National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota)
* Pacific College (Costa Mesa, California)
* Park University (Parkville, Missouri)
* Peirce College (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
* South Texas College (McAllen, Texas)
* State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota (Bradenton, Florida)
* SUNY College of Technology at Canton (Canton, New York)
* University of Louisiana at Lafayette (Lafayette, Louisiana)
* University of Minnesota-Crookston (Crookston, Minnesota)
* Weber State University (Ogden, Utah)
"The overall health care industry is growing rapidly, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimating around 4M new jobs of all types, from 2012-2022 alone," said Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher. "Administrative and management roles are part of that healthcare industry job growth estimate, and specialized skills will be in demand.
"Of course, the healthcare industry has many professionals who are already working, thanks to an associate's degree and specialized certification. A natural career path is to complete a bachelor's degree and any additional certification. An online degree makes that more convenient, so we've focused on online bachelor's of healthcare administration or management degrees offering either 100% fully online programs, or in a hybrid format that combines some on-campus presence. The article also references relevant online certificate programs in healthcare administration and management.
"The article includes a list of potential occupations, as well as statistical summary of the ranked colleges, along with NCES-based data tables and a collection of charts to make comparison easier."
Rankings for this list were compiled with data from NCES, a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We first queried for institutions that grant bachelor's degrees in Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Management or both, on a distance education basis, then applied our standard data filters, sorted by increasing average annual net price, and manually selected the 20 most affordable colleges with active online degree programs (BA, BS, etc.) in these topics. Similar topical rankings will be published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-affordability-ranking-of-online-bachelors-level-healthcare-administration-and-management-degrees-300291483.html