SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Psychology Studies.
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) Fayetteville State University (Fayetteville, North Carolina); (2) University of Houston-Downtown (Houston, Texas); (3) Indiana University-East (Richmond, Indiana). The complete list of all 20 ranked U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* American Public University System (Charles Town, West Virginia)
* Blue Mountain College (Blue Mountain, Mississippi)
* Brescia University (Owensboro, Kentucky)
* Chadron State College (Chadron, Nebraska)
* Columbia College (Columbia, Missouri)
* Fayetteville State University (Fayetteville, North Carolina)
* Indiana University-East (Richmond, Indiana)
* Louisiana State University-Alexandria (Alexandria, Louisiana)
* McNeese State University (Lake Charles, Louisiana)
* Northwestern State University of Louisiana (Natchitoches, Louisiana)
* Park University (Parkville, Missouri)
* Sam Houston State University (Huntsville, Texas)
* Troy University (Troy, Alabama)
* University of Houston-Downtown (Houston, Texas)
* University of Houston-Victoria (Victoria, Texas)
* University of Louisiana at Monroe (Monroe, Louisiana)
* University of Maine at Presque Isle (Presque Isle, Maine)
* University of Maryland-University College (Adelphi, Maryland)
* University of Texas of the Permian Basin (Odessa, Texas)
* Western New Mexico University (Silver City, New Mexico)
"The range of possible career choices for a graduate of a bachelor's degree program (online or otherwise) in Psychology and related studies is truly wide-ranging, especially for students who combine this with other studies, including master's programs," said Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher.
"The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts a 19% jobs growth in the period 2014-2024 for both Psychologists and 'Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists' (combined). Of course, both of these occupations also require graduate degrees and professional certification. Alternate career paths are possible by combining a bachelor's degree in psychology with studies in another field where the principles can be applied. This includes sports, marketing, advertising, sales, HR/personnel, social work, law, criminal justice and much more.
"Studying psychology also builds incredibly useful skills that can help in other aspects of life. The rankings article lists both online degrees as well as minors and academic certificates for the 20 ranked colleges, if available. Per-college dashboards are included in the rankings, providing NCES and calculated data to help compare all 20 ranked institutions."
Rankings for this list were compiled with data from NCES, a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We queried for institutions that grant bachelor's degrees in "Psychology, General," on a distance education basis, then applied our standard data filters. This includes sorting data by increasing average annual net price, and manually selecting the 20 most affordable colleges with active online degree programs (BA, BS, etc.) in this topic. Similar topical rankings are published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
Raj Kumar Dash (Email)
Skype phone #: 310-929-7240 (voicemail only)
Contact form: http://affordableschools.net/contact/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-affordability-ranking-of-online-bachelors-level-psychology-studies-degrees-300299978.html