SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring the 25 Most Affordable Online Master's of Public Health Degrees.
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) American Public University System (Charles Town, West Virginia); (2) University of Massachusetts-Lowell (Lowell, Massachusetts); (3) Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion (Marion, Indiana). The complete list of all 25 U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* American Public University System (Charles Town, West Virginia)
* Benedictine University (Lisle, Illinois)
* California Baptist University (Riverside, California)
* Capella University (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
* Concordia University-Nebraska (Seward, Nebraska)
* Creighton University (Omaha, Nebraska)
* Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center (Des Moines, Iowa)
* Everglades University (Boca Raton, Florida)
* Ferris State University (Big Rapids, Michigan)
* Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, Arizona)
* Idaho State University (Pocatello, Idaho)
* Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion (Marion, Indiana)
* National University (La Jolla, California)
* New Mexico State University (Las Cruces, New Mexico)
* Northeast Ohio Medical University (Rootstown, Ohio)
* Nova Southeastern University (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
* South Dakota State University (Brookings, South Dakota)
* South University-Savannah Online (Savannah, Georgia)
* Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, New Hampshire)
* University of Akron (Akron, Ohio)
* University of Illinois at Springfield (Springfield, Illinois)
* University of Massachusetts-Lowell (Lowell, Massachusetts)
* University of Memphis (Memphis, Tennessee)
* University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, North Dakota)
* Walden University (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
"The CDC published a 2013 list of the top-18 drug-resistant bacteria and disease strains that are enormous threats to the health of Americans," said the article's lead researcher Raj Dash. "In some media outlets, some or even all of these 'superbugs' are presented as being more of a threat to human life in the near future, across the world, than many current top threats combined - including cancer, diabetes, traffic and a number of other causes of death.
"The cost of these superbugs would be in the millions yearly in terms of loss of life, as well as many trillions of dollars loss. Public Health education may prevent some of the predicted loss, but community health education is still a necessity, as is dealing with current health threats, influencing health policy for Americans, improving access to health care, tracking and analyzing illnesses and disease, and many other tasks.
"If having an impact on improving the health and wellness of people interests you, consider advanced public health roles, which have enough room for people of many backgrounds -- not just those already in a healthcare-related career.
"This rankings list looks at online masters-level programs in public health. Graduate degrees and certificates in public health that are offered either 100% fully online or in a hybrid format are ranked for affordability and presented with some useful data tables and a statistical summary."
College rankings for this article were compiled with data from NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We queried for graduate institutions that grant at least degrees and possibly certificates in Public Health on a distance basis, filtered out colleges that are based in U.S. protectorate nations, sorted by increasing out-of-state tuition, filtered out doctoral-level-only colleges, filtered for active online degree programs. This resulted in our list of the 25 most affordable masters programs in project management. Similar topical rankings will be published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
Raj Kumar Dash (Email)
Skype phone #: 310-929-7240 (voicemail only)
Contact form: http://affordableschools.net/contact/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-affordability-ranking-of-online-masters-level-public-health-degrees-300293865.html