SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://www.affordableschools.net), an independent college search and rankings site that centers on unique and affordable offerings within higher education, has released a ranking of 15 of the Most Affordable Bachelor's Degrees in Economics.
CUNY (City University of New York) system colleges dominate the list, with CUNY Lehman College (Bronx, New York) leading and CUNY York College (Jamaica, Queens, New York) and CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice (Manhattan, New York) placing second and third, respectively. The full list of colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, is as follows:
* Brigham Young University-Idaho (Rexburg, Idaho)
* CUNY Bernard M Baruch College (Manhattan, New York)
* CUNY Brooklyn College (Brooklyn, New York)
* CUNY City College (Brooklyn, New York)
* CUNY Hunter College (Manhattan, New York)
* CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice (Manhattan, New York)
* CUNY Lehman College (Bronx, New York)
* CUNY Queens College (Queens, New York)
* CUNY York College (Jamaica, Queens, New York)
* Park University (Parkville, Missouri)
* University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (Pine Bluff, Arkansas)
* University of Texas of the Permian Basin (Odessa, Texas)
* University of Wisconsin-Parkside (Kenosha, Wisconsin)
* Utah Valley University (Orem, Utah)
* West Virginia State University (Institute, West Virginia)
According to Raj Dash, lead researcher on the piece, "Job opportunities in Economics-related careers is expected to grow 14% from 2012 to 2022 -- which is above the 11% average rate for all occupations in the USA for the same duration. This list provides a handy guide to some of the most affordable bachelor's programs in Economics." The job growth info is based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Rankings for this list were compiled using college data from NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). Using NCES's College Navigator online service, AffordableSchools.net queried for all institutions of higher education in the United States that offer a bachelor's degree in Economics or similar, sorted by NCES' listed "yearly net average price, filtered out defunct/ soon-to-be defunct colleges, schools with no net price, schools with no actual program (bad data), and verified programs. This list is part of an ongoing series about affordable bachelor's degrees.
AffordableSchools.net (http://www.affordableschools.net) is an independent college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs within higher education. It publishes a number of rankings series focusing on affordable bachelor's degrees (various topics), affordable bachelor's degree colleges by state, affordable online degree programs, resource lists and much more. The site is designed to make your college search easier.
Raj Kumar Dash (Email)
Contact form: http://affordableschools.net/contact/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-ranking-of-affordable-economics-bachelors-degrees-for-2015-300129858.html