SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://www.affordableschools.net), an independent college search and rankings site that centers on unique and affordable offerings within higher education, has released a ranking of 15 of the Most Affordable Bachelor's Degrees in Entrepreneurship.
University of Hawaii Maui College (Kahului, Hawaii) leads the list, with Northeastern State University (Tahlequah, Oklahoma) and CUNY Bernard M Baruch College (Manhattan, New York) placing second and third, respectively. The full list of colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, is as follows:
* Black Hills State University (Spearfish, South Dakota)
* Brigham Young University-Provo (Provo, Utah)
* Columbia College (Columbia, Missouri)
* CUNY Bernard M Baruch College (Manhattan, New York)
* Fashion Institute of Technology (Manhattan, New York)
* Missouri State University (Springfield, MO)
* National American University-Colorado Springs (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
* Northeastern State University (Tahlequah, Oklahoma)
* Northern Michigan University (Marquette, Michigan)
* Salem State University (Salem, Massachusetts)
* South Dakota State University (Brookings, SD)
* University of Central Arkansas (Conway, Arkansas)
* University of Central Missouri (Warrensburg, Missouri)
* University of Hawaii Maui College (Kahului, Hawaii)
* University of Minnesota-Crookston (Crookston, Minnesota)
According to Raj Dash, lead researcher on the piece, "Job growth for careers relating to Entrepreneurship studies ranges from 7-15% between 2012 and 2022. This is compared to 11% growth for all careers in the USA for the same duration. The list is a starting point for finding bachelor's programs in Entrepreneurship." The job growth information is based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Rankings for this list were compiled using college data from NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). Using NCES's College Navigator online service, AffordableSchools.net queried for all institutions of higher education in the United States that offer a bachelor's degree in Entrepreneurship or similar, sorted by NCES' listed "yearly net average price," filtered out defunct/ soon-to-be defunct colleges, schools with no net price, schools with no actual program (bad data), and verified programs. This list is part of an ongoing series about affordable bachelor's degrees.
AffordableSchools.net (http://www.affordableschools.net) is an independent college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs within higher education. It publishes a number of rankings series focusing on affordable bachelor's degrees (various topics), affordable bachelor's degree colleges by state, affordable online degree programs, resource lists and much more. The site is designed to make your college search easier.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-ranking-of-affordable-entrepreneurship-bachelors-degrees-for-2015-300129645.html