WASHINGTON, May 18, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Africa Liberty Forum #AfricaLF17, sponsored by Atlas Network with organizing host the Johannesburg-based Free Market Foundation (FMF), is a gathering of the best and the brightest in Africa to discuss and exchange solutions that promote liberty and free-market reforms in the region.
What: Africa Liberty Forum, hosted by Atlas Network with local organizing host Free Market Foundation. Major sponsorship generously provided by the John Templeton Foundation.
When: May 23-25, 2017
Where: The Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
How: To attend or arrange for interviews, you must contact Jayne Boccaleone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 082 904 3616
Africa Liberty Forum Highlights
- Keynote speech from Tim Modise (Journalist, TV and radio presenter, South Africa)
- Keynote speech from Dr. Tom G. Palmer (Atlas Network, United States) about morality, property, and prosperity vs. confiscation and cronyism
- Additional featured speakers including, among others, John Kane-Berman (Institute of Race Relations, South Africa); Andrew Mwenda (journalist, Uganda); Bright Simons (mPedigree, Ghana); Ann Bernstein (Centre for Development and Enterprise, South Africa); Leon Louw (Executive Director, Free Market Foundation, South Africa); Chris Becker (Investec Bank Limited, South Africa); Rex van Schalkwyk (former Judge of the Supreme Court, South Africa); and Gareth Cliff (CliffCentral, South Africa)
- Regional Think Tank Shark Tank competition, where contestants pitch their innovative project before a panel of philanthropists and the regional network of free-market think tanks for the chance to win $5,000
- Announcement of the winner of the 2017 Africa Liberty Award
- Property Titling Day Trip to meet some of the recipients of title deedsfrom the FMF's Khaya Lam ("My Home") Land Reform Project
- Breakout session about entrepreneurs and the future of Africa
- Conversation about educating the region's next generation
- Discussion about think tank projects that can yield real increases in economic freedom
About Atlas Network
Washington-based Atlas Network is a nonprofit organization that strengthens the worldwide freedom movement by connecting over 450 independent partners in 97 countries that share the vision of a free, prosperous, and peaceful world where limited governments defend the rule of law, private property, and free markets. http://atlasnetwork.org/.
About the Free Market Foundation
The mission of Johannesburg-based Free Market Foundation is to promote and foster an open society, the rule of law, personal liberty, and economic and press freedom as fundamental components of its advocacy of human rights and democracy based on classical liberal principles. http://www.freemarketfoundation.com/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/africa-liberty-forum-may-23-25-challenges-region-to-strengthen-civil-society-300460362.html
SOURCE Atlas Network