"We are honored to have been selected by Seattle PD after an extensive review and field trial program," said TASER CEO and co-founder Rick Smith. "We believe wearable cameras coupled with the power of Evidence.com will help accelerate the city's bold move toward smarter, more transparent policing. We're thrilled to be working with Seattle PD as it adopts our new technology."
Through the use of Axon's body cameras and the Evidence.com platform, both officers and the community will benefit from the ability to capture, document and preserve crucial evidence from the field. Additionally, Evidence.com provides officers a more efficient, straightforward and secure process for storing, managing, and sharing digital evidence.
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been booked on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps – Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Forensic Suite Tools - Forensic analysis via Axon Five and Axon Detect and proprietary video format conversion via Axon Convert
- Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 173,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.TASER.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/officialtaser, and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra by via email at IR@taser.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160610/378189LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/after-extensive-testing-seattle-police-department-selects-tasers-axon-platform-for-cameras-and-software-300358062.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.