SANTA ANA, Calif., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Agility Fuel Systems, the leading developer and manufacturer of natural gas fuel systems for heavy-duty vehicles in North America, announced today at the American Trucking Association's Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) Exhibition in Nashville, Tennessee, the launch of their new state-of-the-art 2016 160 DGE Behind-the-Cab compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system.
This innovative Behind-the-Cab 160 DGE CNG fuel system from Agility delivers the most efficient package of any CNG heavy-duty vehicle system on the road today. The new system is mounted up to six inches closer to the cab for improved aerodynamics and leaving more available rail space. Weighing just 2,150 lbs., this brand new model is the lightest in the industry. Its compact design sets the bar in performance, durability and safety while also filling significantly faster than competition.
This new CNG system from Agility boasts the following key features:
- Industry's lightest: Coming in at only 2,150 lbs.
- More Compact design: Mounted up to six inches closer to the cab, it offers improved aerodynamics and more available rail space
- Fastest fills: Up to 13% faster fill-ups than the nearest competitor
- More durability: Aircraft-grade aluminum structure mounted on rubber isolators to reduce stress on components
- Reduced stress: Neck-mounted, anti-tank spin design eliminates tank rotation that can stress fuel lines
- Best hardware: Geomet™ coated fasteners offer the ultimate in corrosion protection
- Outstanding finish: Pretreated aluminum covers painted at our automated world-class, automotive-grade paint facility
- Most reliable: Track-tested for one million miles
"Our vision is to transform the transportation world by designing the most innovative, clean natural gas systems in the market today to ensure a more sustainable future tomorrow," stated Kathleen Ligocki, CEO of Agility Fuel Systems. "Our latest product, the 2016 Behind-the-Cab 160 DGE CNG fuel system, offers our customers a unique value proposition in performance, weight, fill time, durability and aesthetics…well ahead of the curve in our industry."
Agility Fuel Systems, headquartered in Santa Ana, California, is the leading developer and manufacturer of natural gas fuel systems for heavy-duty vehicles in North America. Agility's highly engineered, proprietary heavy-duty natural gas fuel systems store, manage and deliver natural gas to the engine and enable the safe and effective use of natural gas as a vehicle fuel for local, regional and long-haul applications. In operation since 1996, Agility and its predecessor companies have deployed more heavy-duty natural gas fuel systems in North America than any other company.
For more information, visit the Agility website at agilityfs.com.
SOURCE Agility Fuel Systems