MINNEAPOLIS, March 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Great Bay Software, the leader in endpoint and IoT visibility and behavior monitoring solutions, today announces that Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AAFCU®) has chosen Great Bay Software to provide comprehensive and enhanced network security. As a federally insured financial institution, AAFCU wanted to increase and amplify their existing security strategy and found that Great Bay Software could uniquely identify and monitor the behavior of all user based and non-user based devices thus avoiding the cost and complexity of a multi-vendor solution.
"At AAFCU we're not satisfied with simply 'checking the box' with our security strategy and with Great Bay Software in place we feel strongly that we are obliterating the box," said Jeremy Taylor, Network Manager at AAFCU. "During our evaluation we gave several Network Access Control (NAC) vendors a look, but there was no equal in the industry to the behavioral endpoint level reporting that Great Bay Software delivers across all user and non-user devices."
To see how financial institutions, like AAFCU, can monitor the behavior of user and non-user devices register for Great Bay Software's upcoming webinar "Detecting & Protecting Against MAC Spoofing Attacks" on April 20th, 2016 at 1pm CDT >> Register now.
Member-owned since 1955, AAFCU has members in all 50 states and overseas and provides a full range of cost-effective banking products and services, guided by their core values of integrity, quality, service, and community. With hundreds of employees and thousands of endpoints on the network, AAFCU chose Great Bay Software's Beacon Endpoint Profiler solution to achieve the following:
- Detecting and preventing MAC spoofing by increasing perimeter security. "We tested MAC spoofing, and within minutes, Beacon identified a device that was not what it was supposed to be and shut it down; it did it all on its own. With Great Bay Software, if a printer isn't behaving like a printer, it triggers an action which shuts down network access for the device," said Taylor.
- Achieving consistent device and endpoint naming configuration practices for better end point identification and ease-of-use company wide. "To enhance Beacon's profiling capability we restructured our device naming scheme to more easily identify where a device is located, what kind of device is it, and what's its purpose to make deploying new devices easier."
- Complete real-time visibility and behavior monitoring of devices across the entire network including eight branch locations, two data centers and a disaster recovery and co-location site.
- Endpoint level profiling and authorization working in concert with Microsoft Radius server.
- Surpassing inspection requirements for annual 3rd party network penetration testing exercise.
- Exceeding compliance requirements for National Credit Union Association's (NCUA) semi-annual audits. "They're just looking for a MAC authentication solution, so if you're doing MAC address filtering you 'check the box,' but we don't always want to just check the box, we want to obliterate the box and with Great Bay Software it feels great to prove that we go above and beyond what's being asked and to exceed industry standards," said Taylor.
About Great Bay Software
Great Bay Software provides organizations complete real-time visibility and access control over all devices on the most complex of global networks. Great Bay Software's Warehouse of Context™ serves as the industry's richest repository of real-time information on all managed and unmanaged endpoints. Security and IT operations teams use Great Bay's easy-to-deploy, agentless solution to continuously discover, monitor and enforce access policies on every endpoint, which is critical given that two-thirds of an organization's devices, which include printers, fax machines and the Internet of Things, are typically unmanaged. Great Bay's unprecedented speed, scale and simplicity give organizations the power to more effectively protect against modern-day threats, simplify regulatory compliance and streamline operations. For more information about Great Bay Software visit www.greatbaysoftware.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/air-academy-federal-credit-union-selects-great-bay-software-for-network-security-300241958.html
SOURCE Great Bay Software