LONDON, March 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
High profile sponsors sign up to support the 'airport city' community
The Airport Cities World Conference & Exhibition is the global platform providing thought leadership, best practice, innovation and high-level debate and discussion around the creation and development of airport cities.
Hosted by Malaysia Airports and taking place from 31 March - 2 April in Kuala Lumpur, this year's event has so far gained support from some high profile industry names with sponsorship packages taken by companies such as Denver International Airport, KwaZulu-Natal, Taoyuan International Airport, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Hubstart Paris Region, Aeropolis Group / Great Ocean Group, Arup, UK Trade & Investment and Edmonton International Airport.
"Parsons Brinckerhoff is very happy to be a sponsor of ACE 2014 and we are looking forward to being in Kuala Lumpur with the rest of the world as we discuss planning, implementation and case studies of Aerotropoli around the world and how they anchor and contribute to the global economy that impacts us all," said Roddy L. Boggus, NCARB, AIA, Senior Vice President / Global Aviation Market Leader, Aviation Director for Parsons Brinckerhoff.
Alex Kirby, Executive Vice President, Airport Cities for UBM Live, organisers of the event said: "We are delighted to announce that such high-profile industry partners are supporting the 2014 Airport Cities World Conference & Exhibition. This will no doubt inspire the whole airport development and real estate sector to take part in this unique gathering."
The event will provide unique insights into some of the most exciting and innovative airport city and aerotropolis models within the wider Asia region as well as showcasing KLIA's own Aeropolis development plan.
The conference programme explores how airport cities stimulate economic growth and drive commercial benefits, developing both as cities in their own right and as unique business and tourist destinations. The 2014 event promises to be the most information-packed airport cities conference to date with confirmed speakers including CEOs and other senior representatives from airports, airport city developments and other stakeholders involved in the development of Airport City projects.
Speakers who have recently confirmed their participation include: Patrick Ong, Chief Executive Officer of Macau International Airport; Dr Rafael Echevarne, Director, Economics and Program Development for ACI World; Benito De Leon, Associate Administrator for Airports, FAA and Caspar Baum, Partner, Head of Aviation - Asia for E C Harris.
Now in its 13th year, the 2014 event continues to unite the entire 'airport city' Community with senior decision makers attending from airports, economic development agencies, financial institutions, real estate and urban development companies, industry suppliers and global and regional businesses.
Notes to Editors
About Global Airport Cities
- GlobalAirportCities.com is the online community website for attendees of the annual Airport Cities World conference and Exhibition (ACE), and anyone with an interest in the issues surrounding airport cities and aerotropoli.
- During its 13-year journey around the globe, a number of major international airports and pioneers of the Aerotropolis concept have hosted the Airport Cities conference, including Dubai, Detroit, Rome, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Beijing, Dallas, Memphis, Denver, Ekurhuleni and now Kuala Lumpur.
- The Airport Cities brand was acquired by UBM in 2012 and from 1st August 2012 Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition, the Aerotropolis events and the Routes and ASM businesses became part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Aerotropolis Americas, Aerotropolis EMEA and Airport Cities, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @AirportCities #AirportCitiesKL
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE Airport Cities UBM Live