LONDON, March 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Portr, the London based travel-technology company, has announced that its 'on-demand' baggage delivery service AirPortr has extended its service at Heathrow to include Terminal 4, so it is now available at all Terminals - Arriving and Departing. The days of bags slowing and weighing you down are numbered.
AirPortr delivers passenger bags within hours between London locations (homes/ hotels/ offices) and London Heathrow airport - providing same-day, on demand bag free travel for millions of passengers for the first time.
Lugging luggage to and from the airport, and around London has always been a real inconvenience but travellers can now experience a truly seamless end-to-end journey.
AirPortr can be pre-booked in advance, or handily on the day of travel, from any device. Bags are either dropped off in the airport with an AirPortr, before being securely and promptly transported by an AirPortr driver to their London destination. Alternatively, bags are collected from any London location and delivered to the airport at a time suited to the customer pre their flight.
Using AirPortr transforms the airport journey, enabling anyone to travel more efficiently and make the most of their day. Without their luggage in tow passengers can now travel lighter, quicker and stress free. They can take public transport and no longer need to be anchored to their location by burdensome baggage. Instead, leave the bags to AirPortr and travel where, when and how you want to around the city, BAG FREE.
The service is priced deliberately for all travellers and trip types. For example two bags, whatever their size or weight, delivered between Heathrow and Central London costs just £30. Worthwhile to avoid rush hour traffic; hotel check-in restrictions; plan extra sightseeing; make the most of everything the city has to offer or fit in an extra business meeting.
Chris Walsh, Director & Head of Customer Experience at Portr, said:
"Our vision is to fundamentally change how people travel, putting them back in control of their own agenda rather than burdensome baggage dictating their itinerary. AirPortr is all about increasing the efficiency of your time, you know that your bags are being securely delivered, which leaves you free to make the most of your first or last day in London. We like to call it 'Luggage Freedom'.
"Excitingly, at Heathrow we are showcasing our new customer experience approach as we deliver a 'roaming/mobile' interaction as opposed to requiring the customer to 'find us' in the airport. Staff, without the physical restriction of being sited at a desk, are supported with additional new technology developments. We now have an ideal situation where we can either take or hand over a passengers bags at multiple touch points across the Terminal, better suiting them."
Chris Annetts, Heathrow's Commercial Passenger Services Director, said:
"Heathrow's goal is to provide the world's best airport service and we are delighted to be working with AirPortr to offer our passengers this quick, easy and convenient way to travel. With the arrival and recent expansion of the AirPortr service in Heathrow, passengers can now travel to and from the airport bag free, meaning their journey is made as hassle free as possible."
AirPortr was set up by three frustrated frequent flyers that met through coincidence, but shared a vision to create and shape a better way to travel. Operational since 2014, it is the first service of its kind in Europe. AirPortr have delivered thousands of bags to date and have a 98% positive customer feedback rating on feefo.
- AirPortr launched in May 2014 in London City Airport, Gatwick in July 2015, Heathrow Terminals 5 & 2 in December 2015, Heathrow Terminal 3 in February 2016 and Heathrow Terminal 4 in March 2016.
- Pricing: £15 to Airport addresses and local hotels, £25 to central London and £35 to outer London. Each additional bag costs £5 (with no size or weight restrictions).
- Delivery locations include airports (airport to airport), hotels, homes and offices within the London service area
- Customers include business, leisure, families on holiday, global adventurers and city break millennial travellers.
- All luggage can be GPS tracked in real time from a users smartphone/ as well as seeing their dedicated driver, covered for £10,000, there are no amendment or cancellation fees*, customers receive delivery updates by text/ email.
- All bags are X-rayed, tagged, sealed and tracked with their own unique number to ensure safe and secure delivery.
* Terms & Conditions Apply, please refer to http://www.portr.com for full details.
For further information, imagery or to ensure you experience Luggage Freedom
the next time you travel please contact Marie-Claire at Portr:
(M) +44(0)7990-453-910 (DD) +44(0)203-384-6677
Please Explore More at http://www.portr.com