Akamai Innovations at IBC2013 to Showcase Future of Online Broadcast Content Media quality, online workflow simplification, delivery improvements and second-screen content integration highlight Akamai presence at IBC2013
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere, will use its significant presence at IBC2013 (Stand 6.A15), taking place September 13-17, in Amsterdam, to showcase several innovations to address the future of high-quality online entertainment. Demonstrations will include cloud-based online content workflows designed to simplify preparation, monetization and measurement of audience engagement; synchronized delivery of complementary second-screen content; and immersive, glasses-free 3D video delivery.
At IBC2013, Akamai will demonstrate how its Sola Media Solutions suite of services can help media companies implement cloud-based workflows to deliver, measure and support monetization efforts for high-quality video experiences across Internet-connected devices. The technologies on display will include:
- Sola Vision Transcoding: Sola Vision's transcoding capabilities for video-on-demand content are designed to automatically create multiple renditions of one high-quality video file for adaptive bitrate streaming across multiple devices and networks.
- Sola Vision Ad Integration Services: Sola Vision Ad Integration Services provide dynamic, individually targeted network-side video advertisement insertion for online video streams. This in-network approach is designed to offer improved simplicity and quality consistency for ad-sponsored content delivery to an increasing array of connected device types.
- Sola Analytics: Designed to help users measure and report on actionable and relevant service and performance data, Sola Analytics provides comprehensive insight into audience behavior and real-time video quality from the audience level to the individual viewer. Verimatrix, an Akamai NetAlliance partner, has integrated Sola Analytics technology into its ViewRight® Live application, enabling demonstrations of Sola Analytics' real-time measurement capabilities integrated with a secure video delivery platform.
The company will also showcase several ways in which its Sola Media Solutions can be used to support a variety of cutting-edge use cases, such as:
- Simplified online content workflows: Akamai will demonstrate complete Sola-based workflows, from ingest to consumption, including a preview of integrated NetStorage support for Aspera's secure, high-speed content upload technology, and high-quality adaptive bitrate playback using Akamai's Media Player technology. Visitors will witness how Sola Vision Transcoding and Stream Packaging combine with Sola Sphere delivery to provide an online video platform offering quality, simplicity, performance and reach on a global scale.
- Glasses-free 3D content delivery: In conjunction with Dolby Laboratories and Philips, Akamai will offer visitors the opportunity to experience immersive online Dolby 3D video content that can be viewed without glasses.
- Synchronized second-screen experiences: Akamai's second-screen "Hyperconnected Living Room" proof-of-concept demonstration will show how content can be synchronously delivered to smartphones and tablets to complement what is being viewed on the primary screen. The demonstration leverages Akamai's Sola Sphere streaming delivery and Aqua Web Solutions technologies to deliver an engaging, interactive second-screen experience.
- Breakfast forum session: Will Law, chief architect for Akamai's Media division, will discuss "Maximizing the Pipe: Hybrid Protocols for Optimized OTT Delivery" as part of the Multi-network Solutions in the Real World Forum on Saturday, September 14 at 8:30 a.m.
- Conference panel session: Law will also speak during the Industry Insights panel session, "The Future of TV Viewing: Over the Top and in 4K," on Sunday, September 15 at 3:30 p.m.
Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device anywhere. At the core of the Company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit http://www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
Akamai Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act
This release contains information about future expectations, plans and prospects of Akamai's management that constitute forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provisions under The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors including, but not limited to, inability of customers to enjoy the benefits attributed to Akamai solutions, a determination not to make the presented referenced, any failure of Akamai's network infrastructure or of the services to operate as expected, and other factors that are discussed in Akamai's Annual Report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and other documents periodically filed with the SEC.
SOURCE Akamai Technologies, Inc.