CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Attendees of RSA Conference 2014 will have the opportunity to experience firsthand how web security solutions built on the world's largest distributed computing platform can help protect their organizations from an ever changing threat landscape. Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications, will use its presence at the upcoming RSAC 2014 (Booth 3035, North Hall) to highlight how the company brings technology expertise and industry thought leadership together to help its customers respond to myriad web security threats.
By attending a variety of conference sessions, as well as live technology demonstrations taking place in Akamai's booth, visitors to RSAC can learn more about the company's position in the web security ecosystem. For example, Akamai security thought leaders will share their insight and expertise during the following RSAC sessions:
Monday, February 24, 2014:
- From 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. PT, Akamai CSO, Andy Ellis, joins a panel of industry experts to discuss "Closing the Cybersecurity Skills Gap – It's Past Time." (West, Room 3022)
Tuesday, February 25, 2014:
- From 2:40 – 3:40 p.m. PT, Martin McKeay, security advocate, Akamai, will participate in the panel discussion "One Year Later: Lessons and Unintended Consequences of the APT1 Report." (West, Room 3002)
- From 2:40 – 3:40 p.m. PT, Akamai Principal Security Researcher, Or Katz, will present "Harnessing Big Data for Application Security Intelligence." (North, Room 131)
- From 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. PT, Andy Ellis, CSO, Akamai will discuss "Cognitive Injection: Reprogramming the Situation-Oriented Human OS." (West, Room 3005)
Throughout RSAC, Akamai will host live demonstrations (Booth 3035, North Hall) showcasing how its flagship web security technology, Kona Site Defender, can protect web sites and applications from a variety of attack vectors. These demonstrations plan to show how two identical web sites on public cloud infrastructure, one of which is protected by Kona Site Defender, respond to a series of live attacks launched from the Akamai booth. In addition, these demonstrations expect to highlight recent enhancements to the Kona Site Defender Web Application Firewall (WAF) designed to combine security big data and security intelligence to achieve a demonstrated 96 percent accuracy rate as it relates to both false positives and false negatives.
In addition to the ability to interact with Akamai's own security experts, visitors to the Akamai booth can also meet multiple award-winning entrepreneur, the founder and former CTO of Tripwire and security researcher, Gene Kim. Mr. Kim will be available to sign copies of his latest book The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win. Exclusive signings will take place at the Akamai booth on:
- Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. PT
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. PT
Akamai® is the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications. At the core of the Company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
SOURCE Akamai Technologies, Inc.