Alaska Airlines and Uber Offer Free Rides to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Complimentary on-demand car service available Dec. 23 and 24
SEATTLE, Dec. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Getting to the airport during the busy holiday season will be a little easier for Seattle travelers next week thanks to Alaska Airlines and Uber, who are partnering to offer free rides to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on Dec. 23 and 24. During the two-day promotion, Alaska Airlines will pay for one ride, up to $50*, to shuttle travelers to the airport in comfortable town cars.
"Holiday travel can be stressful, so we're excited to bring a little joy to the season by making it really easy for customers to get to the airport and begin their holiday vacations," said Joe Sprague, Alaska Airlines' vice president of marketing.
Uber is a San Francisco-based technology company that connects riders with drivers of vehicles for hire in more than 60 cities and 20 countries around the world.
Travelers can request a ride through the Uber application, which is available for Android and iOS devices at www.uber.com/go. After entering their credit card information, travelers can request a ride to Sea-Tac Airport from their current location. During the two-day special, Uber rides will be charged to Alaska Airlines and, as is customary for Uber riders, no tipping or cash is necessary.
Details about the promotion:
- The complimentary on-demand car service is for rides to Sea-Tac Airport only.
- Passengers whose rides exceed the free $50 trip will have the additional fee charged to their credit card on file.
- Uber rides available on a first-come, first-served basis. Cars typically seat four passengers and are available 24 hours a day. For information about Uber's King County service area and pricing, visit http://blog.uber.com/UberSEAgift.
- The offer is valid while supplies last from midnight, Dec. 23 through 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 24.
Seattle travelers using Uber next week are urged to share their Uber experience with the carrier using #iflyAlaska or #UberSEAgift on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook as they embark on their holiday travels.
About Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together with its partner regional airlines, serves nearly 100 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines has ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Airline Satisfaction StudySM for six consecutive years from 2008 to 2013. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 60 cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. For further information, visit www.uber.com.
* Uber's terms and conditions: All Uber rides must end at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and must be requested on Dec. 23 or 24, 2013. The fare will be paid for up to $50. If a fare is more than $50, Uber will charge the credit card on file. Uber advises that passengers leave adequate time to get to the airport. Uber rides to Sea-Tac Airport are limited one per person. This offer is good while supplies last. For more information about the promotion, visit http://blog.uber.com/tag/seattle/.
SOURCE Alaska Airlines