Alcantara Interiors On Prominent Display At Geneva Motor Show
GENEVA, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcantara, the premium Italian-crafted automotive interior material, distinguishes the interiors of some of the most popular cars launched at this year's Geneva Motor Show.
Lighter but more durable than leather, Alcantara is chosen by designers to express the strong character of super sports cars. Alcantara's attention to details and "tailor-made" processing turns cars' cockpits into multi-sensory environments merging comfort, performance and sustainability.
- The Lamborghini Veneno, produced in only four units to celebrate the Italian car makers' 50th anniversary, merges black Alcantara and carbon fibre in the cockpit with light-weight anthracite grey Alcantara with red stitching for seats, dashboard, console and pillars.
- McLaren's new P1 uses Alcantara in its ergonomic seats, steering wheel, dashboard and doors. Its combination of carbon fibre and Alcantara ensures the lightness and endurance needed in performance vehicles.
- For its three 695 "Fouriserie" cars debuted at the show, Abarth applies Alcantara to customize the Scorpio, Record and Hype versions of its super sports cars.
- The Volkswagen Golf 7, winner of the coveted "Car of the Year" honor, applies Alcantara for its stylish interior. Lateral sides of the seats are covered with grey Alcantara enriched with contrasted red stitching and doors have Alcantara inserts with the same grey-red colors.
- The Porsche 911 GT3 uses Alcantara for full customization of its interior. A cockpit fully covered with Alcantara expresses Porsche's performance, comfort and luxury.
- Maserati relies on made-in-Italy Alcantara for customization of its two premiere cars, the Granturismo and Quattroporte.
- Ferrari chose black Alcantara to customize doors, dashboard and steering wheel and seat outlines of its limited "La Ferrari" series.
- Alfa Romeo features dark grey Alcantara in the seats of its MiTo SBK Limited Edition.
- Nissan chose Alcantara to dress the sportiest cars of its NISMO brand. It is the key element of the 370Z's steering wheel and the Juke's steering wheel, ergonomic seats, doors, dashboard and gear shift.
Based on its unique, patented technology, Alcantara today is the choice of leading companies in the automotive, marine, fashion, home interior and consumer electronics industries. A registered trademark of Alcantara S.p.A., it has been certified as "carbon neutral," adding to its appeal for companies and consumers with a strong interest in the environment.
Alcantara S.p.A. is headquartered in Milan with research and production facilities in Nera Montoro, Umbria. More information is available on the Internet at www.alcantara.com.