ATLANTA, May 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Gigabit Cities Live 2015 -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been approved by fiber optics network provider SiFi Networks as its preferred vendor for providing equipment and ongoing network operations services to its FiberCities program in the United States.
SiFi Networks is an international fiber network developer that funds, builds and operates world-class fiber optic networks - supporting gigabit-per-second and beyond broadband connectivity to consumers and businesses throughout the US.
With many American communities still lacking ultra-broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent and SiFi Networks will work together to build, deploy and manage Fiber-to-the-Premise (FTTP) networks over which internet service providers can deliver an array of next generation services.
SiFi Networks has already struck deals in California and Kentucky to build FTTP networks, with discussions taking place with several other cities across the United States. The increased bandwidth and efficiency of a SiFi Networks' FiberCity can stimulate growth within a community by attracting new businesses and residents, and enhancing government, safety, education and health care services.
- Alcatel-Lucent is SiFi Networks' preferred vendor for equipment and operations to their FTTP networks delivering ultra-broadband access to US communities.
- Network equipment and deployment architecture can already support speeds of one, ten and even higher gigabit-per-second services, making it attractive for long term infrastructure investment programs.
- SiFi Networks will lease capacity on the fiber network to Communication and Internet Service Providers in order to deliver advanced communication services to residents at home, work or on the move.
- Alcatel-Lucent is providing an end-to-end, open service FTTP network supported by its 7360 Intelligent Services Access Manager, 7750 Service Router and 7638 Optical Network Terminal. It will also operate each city's network on behalf of SiFi Networks as a managed service.
- The Alcatel-Lucent FTTP network will offer superior resiliency and availability to support growing residential and commercial communication demands for ultra-broadband services.
Ben Bawtree-Jobson, CEO of SiFi Networks said: "SiFi Networks' FiberCity model requires the best technology available with long term stability and quality of service. Alcatel-Lucent's impressive technological platform, combined with their high class managed services put them ahead of their competition. This deal for SiFi Networks furthers our unique turnkey FiberCity solution to expand across the USA. "
Charles Marsh, President of North America Sales, Alcatel-Lucent said: "SiFi Networks brings an innovative and flexible financing and construction program to the market. Together with Alcatel-Lucent's vendor managed, best in class FTTP infrastructure, the result is a dependable and scalable solution for communities wanting to bring fiber based services to their constituents. It delivers the high speed, high capacity broadband necessary for meeting the consumer and business broadband demands for today and decades to come. SiFi Networks and Alcatel-Lucent will put these communities among the elite in the United States with gigabit and beyond capable connectivity."
About SiFi Networks
SiFi Networks funds, builds and operates fiber optic networks enabling service providers to deliver dozens of next generation applications including superfast internet, video and phone, creating SiFi Networks' FiberCities throughout the USA and Europe.
SiFi Networks' Press Contacts:
Sara Pickstock firstname.lastname@example.org
About Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU)
Alcatel-Lucent is the leading IP networking, ultra-broadband access and cloud technology specialist. We are dedicated to making global communications more innovative, sustainable and accessible for people, businesses and governments worldwide. Our mission is to invent and deliver trusted networks to help our customers unleash their value. Every success has its network.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.