Alcatel-Lucent expands Ultra-Broadband Access solutions to add speed and extra coverage to IP networks Operators of fixed, wireless and cable networks to speed up time-to-market with enhanced services and operations that boost customer satisfaction and drive revenue growth
AMSTERDAM, Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadband World Forum -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) is today adding a range of innovative solutions to its Ultra-Broadband Access portfolios. These will enable fixed, wireless and cable operators to evolve their networks quickly with greater coverage and lightning-fast speeds to cost-effectively deliver more services to more subscribers.
As The Shift Plan repositions Alcatel-Lucent as a specialist in IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access, new product solutions being showcased this week at Broadband World Forum 2013 will extend its IP expertise and capabilities all the way from the access node through to the cloud. As a result, they will help operators build networks that allow faster access to applications in the cloud from the home, office and every point in-between.
Innovations announced today include Micro-nodes – small fixed-access nodes that enable faster and more cost effective deployment of VDSL2 vectoring, the technology that allows operators to increase broadband coverage via existing copper infrastructure.
Alcatel Lucent's new EPON fiber solution, was unveiled on October 16. This enables fixed-access and cable operators to substantially increase the bandwidth and reach of existing networks to offer advanced ultra-broadband services such as IPTV, high-speed Internet and enhanced business services to more customers.
Increased demand leads to rising customer service challenges. Also being showcased at Broadband World Forum is Alcatel-Lucent's Motive ServiceView solution provides visibility across the entire network – including a view of micro-nodes and EPON fiber. It also looks across network services and all customer connected devices. By gathering this intelligence operators can provide better support and proactively solve issues before the customer notices them.
These latest additions interwork with existing Alcatel-Lucent fixed and mobile Ultra-Broadband portfolios to enable fixed, mobile and cable operators to differentiate with faster speeds and enhanced services.
- For mobile service providers, Alcatel-Lucent offers lightRadio™ LTE, small cells and Wi-Fi® to help them get to market first with greenfield or network overlay solutions. For example, Alcatel-Lucent's leading Voice over LTE (VoLTE) solution simultaneously and efficiently delivers voice and data. This improves the consumer gaming or video experience while they are also talking on a smartphone. Meanwhile Alcatel-Lucent's market-leading Evolved Packet Core and mobile backhaul solutions are providing operators with greater control over their networks. And Alcatel-Lucent's mobile analytics solutions offer a deeper insight into the traffic traversing them.
- For fixed networks, Alcatel-Lucent delivers a variety of innovative high-capacity fiber and copper ultra-broadband solutions – including GPON, EPON and VDSL2 Vectoring. Alcatel-Lucent Ultra-Broadband solutions for fixed operators also build on our IP networking, service routing and transport expertise to help them flexibly scale capacity and performance in the Metro, Edge and Core and deliver innovative, multi-media services for residential, business and mobile customers.
- The company's Motive Customer Experience Management (CEM) solutions enable communication providers to boost customer engagement. They can build brand loyalty through improved management of the customer's mobile or fixed broadband experience across a wide range of devices and services offered. Intelligence extracted from the network can be used to enhance efficiency of operations, improve customer satisfaction and tailor new service offerings.
Alcatel-Lucent most recently underlined its ultra-broadband by announcing an agreement with Telenet to provide the world's most powerful IP Core Router, the 7950 Extensible Routing System (XRS). This will enable Belgium's leading cable provider to meet the ever-expanding video and data demands of its customers.
Marcus Weldon, Corporate Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Alcatel-Lucent said: "As a key component of our Shift Plan, ultra-broadband is about building the super-fast on-ramp to the Cloud IP Network. Increasingly, there is recognition that delivering seamless, guaranteed cloud services requires an ultra-broadband access network, comprised of wireline fiber access nodes and wireless small cells. These will form one seamless access network for consumers at home and on the go with customer experience managed across the entire network. This trinity of ultra-broadband fiber, small cells and customer experience optimization are the essential 'access' ingredients for Cloud Networking."
- EPON solution for MSOs
- ServiceView for Home and Mobile
- Alcatel-Lucent Ultra-Broadband
- Follow us on Twitter @ALU_UltraBB
- Broadband World Forum: Interview with Michel Combes
Visit Alcatel-Lucent at Broadband World Forum in Hall11-E49 in the RAI Congress & Exhibition Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
About Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU)
Alcatel-Lucent is at the forefront of global communications, providing products and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprises and institutions throughout the world.
Underpinning Alcatel-Lucent in driving the industrial transformation from voice telephony to high-speed digital delivery of data, video and information is Bell Labs, an integral part of Alcatel-Lucent and one of the world's foremost technology research institutes, responsible for countless breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry. Alcatel-Lucent innovations have resulted in the company being recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator, as well as being named by MIT Technology Review as amongst 2012's Top 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies". Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for innovation in sustainability, being named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review for making global communications more sustainable, affordable and accessible, all in pursuit of the company's mission to realize the potential of a connected world.
With revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012, Alcatel-Lucent is listed on the Paris and New York stock exchanges (Euronext and NYSE: ALU). The company is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.
Alcatel-Lucent Press Contacts SIMON POULTER T : +33 (0)1 40 76 50 84 WENDY ZAJACK T : +1 703 943 6298 ALCATEL-LUCENT INVESTOR RELATIONS FRANK MACCARY T : + 33 (0)1 40 76 12 11 TOM BEVILACQUA T : + 1 908-582-7998 CORALIE SPAETER T : +33 (0)1 40 76 49 08
Alcatel-Lucent Press Contacts
T : +33 (0)1 40 76 50 84
T : +1 703 943 6298
ALCATEL-LUCENT INVESTOR RELATIONS
T : + 33 (0)1 40 76 12 11
T : + 1 908-582-7998
T : +33 (0)1 40 76 49 08