Alcatel-Lucent to transform KPN's fixed network operations in The Netherlands over next five years
Alcatel-Lucent to manage KPN's fixed network operations as well as the migration of existing networks to next-generation technology platforms
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile World Congress 2013 -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) and KPN today announced a five-year managed services agreement with Alcatel-Lucent for the transformation of KPN's fixed network in The Netherlands. In addition to managing the day-to-day operations of KPN's network, Alcatel-Lucent will migrate existing Voice and Transport networks to next-gen Alcatel-Lucent technology.
Alcatel-Lucent will plan, design and implement an end-to-end solution to provide KPN's network with increased capacity, upgraded equipment, and best-in-class customer service processes. Alcatel-Lucent also will help KPN transform its existing multi-vendor voice and core networks enabling its customers to access and share multimedia content from wherever they are or using the device of their choice be it smartphone, computer or tablet.
- Transferring the day-to-day network operations to Alcatel-Lucent enables KPN to focus on growing its business, underscoring its mission of providing top-of-the-line services to customers.
- All management services will be provided using Alcatel-Lucent's Standard Delivery Model - a proven blueprint process that assures KPN's customers have the highest quality network experience possible.
- KPN will have the advantage of Alcatel-Lucent's established standards-based network performance tools and expertise to improve and migrate existing voice and transport networks to next-gen Alcatel-Lucent technology.
- Alcatel-Lucent will migrate KPN's core network to next-gen Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) technology, move KPN's Voice over IP (VoIP) service to Alcatel-Lucent's IMS platform and provide WLAN and security gateway for Wi-Fi networks, as well as Professional Services.
- As a leader in transformation and managed services, Alcatel-Lucent has a proven track record of supporting customers through highly skilled and experienced local presence, along with the benefit of a company with global scale.
Eric Kuisch, executive vice-president KPN NetCo said: "We know from past experience that we can rely on the experience, expertise and capabilities of Alcatel-Lucent to not only efficiently manage, but also dramatically transform, our network operations so we can offer our customers next-generation telecom services. This way of work fits in our strategy "Strengthen, Simplify and Grow."
Luis Martinez Amago , President of Alcatel-Lucent's EMEA region, said "This five-year agreement was the result of a close partnership and intense cooperation with KPN, in which we have brought our broad knowledge and expertise to the table. We will take away the operational burden of the broadband voice and data network, while ensuring the highest quality for KPN's customers."
KPN is the leading telecommunications and ICT service provider in the Netherlands, offering wireline and wireless telephony, internet and TV to consumers and end-to-end telecom and ICT services to business customers. In Germany and Belgium, KPN pursues a Challenger strategy in its wireless operations and holds number three market positions through E-Plus and BASE.
About Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU)
The long-trusted partner of service providers, enterprises and governments around the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a leading innovator in the field of networking and communications technology, products and services. The company is home to Bell Labs , one of the world's foremost research centers, responsible for breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry.
Alcatel-Lucent innovations are regularly recognized by international institutions for their positive impact on society. In 2012 and for the second year running, Alcatel-Lucent was named one of the Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators, recognition for the company's continued addition to its world-class patent portfolio, one of the largest in the telecom industry. Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for its sustainability performance. In 2012 the company was ranked Technology Supersector Leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Through its innovations, Alcatel-Lucent is making communications more sustainable, more affordable and more accessible as we pursue our mission of Realizing the Potential of a Connected World.
With operations throughout the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with global reach. The Company achieved revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012 and is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.