Alcopop-Free Zone™ Marin Mobilization, March, Rally Against Canal 7-Eleven
SAN RAFAEL, Calif., May 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Alcohol Justice, the U.S.-based industry watchdog, and Youth for Justice (a San Rafael Canal area youth group) invite you to a mobilization against alcopop sales in the Canal – and all of Marin County.
What: Demonstration in support of Alcopop-Free Zone™ Marin.
When: Friday, May 18, 2012, 6-7 p.m. (PDT)
Alcohol Justice, 24 Belvedere St. San Rafael, CA 94901, then march to 7-Eleven, 80 Medway, St., San Rafael 94901
Streaming live @ www.AlcopopFreeZone.us
- John Whitaker , former child actor, alcohol and drug counselor, Tarzana Treatment Centers
- Alcohol Justice
- Being Adept
- Families for Safer Schools
- Marin County Advisory Board on Alcohol and Other Drug Problems
- Marin County Dept. of Health & Human Services Prevention Hub
- Marin County Pharmacists Association
- Novato Blue Ribbon Coalition for Youth
- Pharmacist Planning Service, Inc.
- Santa Margarita Neighborhood Association
- Twin Cities Coalition for Healthy Youth
- YMCA – Marin County Youth Court
- Youth Leadership Institute
- Youth for Justice
To encourage Marin 7-Eleven stores franchise owner to sign the community agreement supporting the Alcopop-Free Zone Marin campaign and stop selling alcopops which encourage underage consumption leading to serious alcohol-related harms
- Alcopops are cheap, sweet, bubbly, bright, supersized flavored malt beverages that are the most likely drug or alcohol of first choice for youth
- The marketing, packaging, flavoring, and pricing of alcopops is false advertising, meant to trick youth into thinking the products are safe and just cheaper forms of energy drinks
- The Marin County Board of Supervisors recently passed and signed Resolution 2012-41 encouraging Marin alcohol retailers to voluntarily remove youth-attractive alcopops from their shelves
- 7- Eleven uses alcopops as loss leaders, but it's resulting in the community's loss of future leaders
For more info, interviews with Alcohol Justice staff, or Youth for Justice members, please contact Michael Scippa – (415) 548-0492
To learn more, go to www.AlcopopFreeZone.us
Michael Scippa 415-548-0492
Jorge Castillo 213-840-3336
SOURCE Alcohol Justice
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.