ALDI Receives National Recognition for Its ALDI Exclusive Brands in 2012 ALDI Offers Award-Winning Products at Unbeatable Prices
BATAVIA, Ill., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ALDI is pleased to announce that nearly two dozen of its exclusive brand products have received national recognition for innovation, quality and excellence in 2012. Smart shoppers have found that switching from national brands to ALDI exclusive brands can save them up to 50 percent* on more than 1,400 of the most commonly purchased, high-quality grocery items. This year's award-winning lineup includes:
- Lullabies Moist Wipes ($.99**/package of 72): ALDI exclusive brand product Lullabies Moist Wipes has been awarded the 2012 Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) Winner's Seal of Approval, bestowed by PTPA Media, North America's largest volunteer parent testing community with over 40,000 parents. Independent parent volunteers evaluate products in their own homes, certifying consumer products for quality, effectiveness and value.
- O'Donnells Irish Cream** ($8.99**/750ml bottle): Imported from Ireland, the O'Donnells Irish Cream was named as a 2012 International Wine & Spirit Competition Silver Medal Quality Award Winner. The International Wine and Spirit Competition promotes the quality and excellence of the world's best wines, spirits and liqueurs. Entries are judged in a rigorous two-stage process of professional blind tasting and detailed analysis.
- Nature's Nectar 100% Berry Burst Juice ($2.69**/64 ounces): ALDI exclusive brand, Nature's Nectar 100% Berry Burst Juice, won this year's SELF magazine Healthy Food Award under the drink category. The Healthy Food Award selection process begins with SELF magazine's registered dietitians who evaluate each product against strict nutrition criteria. Readers then participate in a blind taste-test and vote for their favorite products.
- LunchMate Oven Roasted Turkey Breast ($2.49**/9 ounces): Recognized for its sustainable food packaging, the LunchMate Oven Roasted Turkey Breast - Peel and Reseal has won a 2012 Store Brands Decisions Innovation Award. Store Brand Decisions annual Retailer Innovation Awards recognize inventiveness, leadership and ingenuity by retailers in store brands development, marketing and merchandising.
- L'oven Fresh Multigrain Sandwich Skinnys ($1.99**/12 ounce package of 8) & Priano Bronze Cut Pasta ($1.49/16 ounces): ALDI exclusive brands L'oven Fresh Multigrain Sandwich Skinnys and the Priano Bronze Cut Pasta were honored by the Private Label Manufacturers Association's 2012 Salute to Excellence Awards, which recognize outstanding store brand products new to the market each year. The L'oven Fresh Multigrain Sandwich Skinnys won in the Breads, Rolls & Muffins Category and the Priano Bronze Cut Pasta won in the Pasta Category.
In addition to the products listed above, more than a dozen ALDI exclusive wines*** – most of which are priced at $6.99 or less – have garnered numerous accolades in 2012, including "Best Value" from Wine Spectator magazine for the Sunshine Bay Sauvignon Blanc. The Beverage Testing Institute has also named the Villa Malizia Pinot Grigio, Toca Diamonte Malbec and Vina Decana Tempranillo, among others, as "Best Buys." ALDI wines come from the most fertile grape producing regions in the world, offering shoppers high quality and remarkable flavor at an incredible value.
ALDI stands behind the quality of its exclusive brands with a Double Guarantee. If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with a food product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund the customer's money.
A grocery retailer that has grown without merger or acquisition, over the last several years ALDI has added approximately 50-80 new stores each year, expanding the ability to bring grocery savings to more people every day. ALDI now has more than 1,200 U.S. stores located in 32 states.
About ALDI Inc.
A leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI operates more than 1,200 US stores in 32 states, primarily from Kansas to the East Coast. More than 20 million customers each month save up to 50 percent* on their grocery bills, benefiting from the ALDI simple and streamlined approach to retailing. ALDI sells more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased grocery and household items, primarily under its exclusive brands, which must meet or exceed the national name brands on taste and quality. ALDI is so confident in the quality of its products, the company offers a Double Guarantee: If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with any ALDI food product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund the purchase price. For more information about ALDI, visit www.aldi.us.
*Based upon a price comparison of comparable products sold at leading national retail grocery stores.
**Based on retails on January 2, 2013.
*** Availability and price of alcoholic beverages vary by store.