Batavia, Ill., March 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The shoppers have spoken. In the first-ever ALDI Fan Favorites poll, shoppers selected 10 food and beverage items as their must-have, best-loved ALDI exclusive brand products. In the online poll of 4,021 respondents, Specially Selected Premium Roasted Ground Coffee was chosen as Best Beverage in the Coffee category and Friendly Farms Greek Yogurt ranked No. 1 in the Best Breakfast category. Other winners were chosen in categories including Wine, Dessert, Chocolate, Cheese, Snack Foods, Seafood, and Meal Starters.
"We're excited about the participation in the Fan Favorites poll," said Chuck Youngstrom, president of ALDI. "At ALDI, we know our customers count on us to deliver great-tasting, high-quality foods at impossibly low prices, and we are happy to hear their favorites."
Smart shoppers have found that switching from national brands to ALDI exclusive brands can save them up to 50 percent* on more than 1,300 of the most commonly purchased, high-quality grocery items. The Fan Favorites poll surveyed ALDI fans online, including its Facebook community of more than 730,000, to determine the winning products.
"Love all the stuff you sell," said Anne Kish Presterl, ALDI US Facebook Fan. "The vegetables, fruits, ice cream, snack foods, cashews, peanuts, milk, eggs, yogurt, butter and cheeses! Thanks for the great savings too!"
The full 2014 Fan Favorite product lineup includes**:
- Beverage – Juices/Sparkling Water/Milk
- Nature's Nectar 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice Not From Concentrate (59 oz.) $2.49: Nature's Nectar 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice is never from concentrate and comes in two varieties: with calcium and vitamin D or high pulp. Each 59 ounce container contains, on average, 16 oranges.
- Beverage – Coffee
- Specially Selected Premium Roasted Ground Coffee (17.6 oz.) $4.99: Roasted in Germany and made from 100% Arabic beans, Specially Selected Premium Roasted Ground Coffee is available in Mild or Medium Roast.
- Landshut Riesling (750 mL) $4.99: This exquisite, well-balanced Riesling has a fruity bouquet with flavors of apricot and peach; a perfect accompaniment to light meals, desserts or simply on its own. Imported from Germany, Landshut Riesling derives its name from the castle that sits high above the famous German town of Bernkastel. The vineyards surrounding the town are noted for producing some of the best wines in the world, predominately from the Riesling grape.
- Baker's Corner Fudge Brownie Mix (18.3 oz.) $1.29: A moist fudge brownie mix that is an instant family classic; can be made in a 8 x 8 inch pan for a thick and chewy brownie, or in a 13 x 9 inch pan for a family size traditional brownie.
- Moser Roth Premium Dark Chocolate (4.4 oz.) $1.99: Offered in 70% Cocoa or 85% Cocoa varieties, Moser Roth Dark Chocolate is packaged as five convenient, individually wrapped bars. The chocolate is made with the finest quality ingredients, carefully prepared according to a classic European recipe.
- Priano Fresh Mozzarella (8 oz.) $2.69: This mozzarella is made with fresh milk that provides a delicate flavor with a creamy, soft texture. It pairs well with Moscato, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Friendly Farms Greek Yogurt (6 oz.) 85¢: Friendly Farms Nonfat Greek Yogurt is a strained Greek yogurt made with only natural ingredients from rBST free milk. Both the Strawberry and Blueberry Fruit on the Bottom flavors contain twice the amount of protein as regular yogurt.
- Snack Foods
- Savoritz Cheese Crackers (13.7 oz.) $1.89: These cheesy little crackers are ideal for snacking, party trays or a fun addition to lunch. They are made with real cheese, no artificial flavors or cholesterol and have zero grams of trans fat per serving.
- Sea Queen Tilapia Fillets (16 oz.) $4.29: Boneless, skinless fillets from a lean, mild fish provide a medium-firm, flaky texture and a sweet, mild taste.
- Meal Starters
- Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Breasts $2.79 per lb.: Found in the fresh meat section of the store, Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Breasts are fresh, never frozen. They are Grade A, 100% natural with no artificial ingredients.
The award-winning products can be found at everyday low prices in nearly 1,300 ALDI stores in 32 states, and will be marked as "Fan Favorites" in advertising and on in-store signage.
High Quality for Less
To ensure its exclusive brands meet or exceed the national brands on taste and quality, ALDI conducts rigorous testing on all products. ALDI stands behind this commitment to quality with a Double Guarantee: If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with a food product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund the customer's money.
ALDI was recently named 2014 Retailer of the Year by Private Label => Store Brands for its strong commitment to value and innovation-focused private brand product development. In addition, ALDI has been recognized as the nation's low-price grocery leader for the third year in a row, according to a recent consumer survey*** conducted by Market Force Information, Inc., the world's leading customer intelligence solutions company. When asked to rank the top grocers offering low prices, consumers ranked ALDI ahead of competitors such as Walmart, Costco and Sam's Club.
ALDI also ranked high on Market Force's "Delight Index," which reveals the intersection between overall satisfaction and the likelihood of recommending a grocer to friends/family. The Delight Index placed ALDI among such industry leaders as Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and Publix.
Over the last several years, ALDI has added, on average, 80 new stores each year, expanding the ability to bring grocery savings to more people every day. ALDI now has stores located in 32 states, serving more than 25 million customers each month.
ALDI recently announced a five-year strategic plan to open 650 new stores across the nation, accelerating its store openings to an average of 130 per year. When the expansion is complete, ALDI will have stores coast-to-coast and anticipates serving more than 45 million customers per month.
About ALDI Inc.
A leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI operates nearly 1,300 US stores in 32 states, primarily from Kansas to the East Coast. More than 25 million customers each month save up to 50 percent* on their grocery bills, benefiting from the ALDI simple and streamlined approach to retailing. ALDI sells more than 1,300 of the most frequently purchased grocery and household items, primarily under its exclusive brands, which must meet or exceed the national name brands on taste and quality. ALDI is so confident in the quality of its products, the company offers a Double Guarantee: If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with any ALDI food product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund the purchase price. For more information about ALDI, visit www.aldi.us.
*Based upon a price comparison of comparable products sold at leading national retail grocery stores.
**All prices based on data from February 13, 2014; prices and availability at individual stores may vary.
***Consumers view ALDI as the affordable price leader among leading grocers, according to Market Force Information. The survey was conducted among more than 6,500 consumers across the United States and Canada in May 2013.
SOURCE ALDI Inc.