ALDI Teams Up with Registered Dietitians to Simplify Healthy Living for Shoppers
BATAVIA, Ill., Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ALDI is empowering shoppers to maintain their New Year resolutions with the new ALDI Advisory Council of nationally-renowned registered dietitians. ALDI makes healthy living simple and affordable by offering a variety of high-quality food products, including nearly 70 varieties of fresh produce and a selection of organic produce, as well as fresh meat, dairy and bakery items.
"Shoppers no longer need to pay a premium to buy healthy food options for their families," said Chuck Youngstrom, president of ALDI. "At ALDI, we not only aim to provide our shoppers with high quality, nutritious options, but also the knowledge to help them eat and live healthier on a budget."
The ALDI Advisory Council is comprised of five registered dietitians, equipped with years of experience, to help bring useful and practical information to shoppers:
- Mary Donkersloot, RDN: A recognized authority on nutrition and consultant for individuals dealing with weight management issues by helping them with portion control, and guidance on quick and healthy eating at home and on the go.
- Tara Gidus, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN: Served as a National Media Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for five years and motivates groups on various topics such as achieving a healthy weight, maximizing energy, enhancing sports performance and creating a positive body image.
- Sylvia Klinger, MS, RD, LDN: A leading expert in cross-cultural Hispanic cuisine as it relates to nutrition and health with in-depth culinary and cultural expertise to introduce new strategies for wellness.
- Sally Kuzemchak, MS, RD: An educator and author of the "Real Mom Nutrition" blog and works to encourage families to be active and eat healthier through whole, fresh foods and home-cooked meals.
- Elizabeth Ward, MS, RD: Served as a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics for nearly 10 years, and is a well-known and respected expert in family nutrition.
Starting this month, shoppers can find tips and articles from the ALDI Advisory Council on the ALDI website, ALDI Simply Smarter Living Blog, Facebook page and "ALDI fresh" catalog currently available in stores and online.
As ALDI expands the resources available to its shoppers through this council, it also continues to expand its offerings of food options, including organic, specialty and gluten-free products, as well as nearly 70 kinds of fresh produce. The Fit & Active brand features food products made with less fat, less sodium and fewer calories. ALDI also rolled out its SimplyNature line of all-natural and organic products, in addition to organic produce selections, to all US stores earlier this year.
To ensure its exclusive brands meet or exceed the national brands on taste and quality, ALDI conducts rigorous testing on all products. ALDI stands behind this commitment to quality with a Double Guarantee: If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with a food product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund the customer's money.
"Our shoppers and Facebook fans are increasingly requesting options that meet their health and wellness lifestyles," said Youngstrom. "We strive to cater to the needs of our evolving health-conscious shoppers by not only expanding our offerings, but also by helping them make informed choices through our Advisory Council."
Starting Tuesday, January 14, ALDI Facebook fans will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes by making a pledge to a healthier lifestyle in the New Year for a chance to win a year's supply of produce.
ALDI has been recognized as the nation's low-price grocery leader for three consecutive years, according to a recent consumer survey* conducted by Market Force Information, Inc., the world's leading customer intelligence solutions company. When asked to rank the top eight grocers offering low prices, consumers ranked ALDI No. 1, ahead of competitors such as Walmart, Costco and Sam's Club.
About ALDI Inc.
A leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI operates nearly 1,300 US stores in 32 states, primarily from Kansas to the East Coast. More than 25 million customers each month save up to 50 percent** on their grocery bills, benefiting from the ALDI simple and streamlined approach to retailing. ALDI sells more than 1,300 of the most frequently purchased grocery and household items, primarily under its exclusive brands, which must meet or exceed the national name brands on taste and quality. ALDI is so confident in the quality of its products, the company offers a Double Guarantee: If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with any ALDI food product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund the purchase price. For more information about ALDI, visit www.aldi.us.
*Consumers view ALDI as the affordable price leader among leading grocers, according to Market Force Information. The survey was conducted among more than 6,500 consumers across the United States and Canada in May 2013.
**Based upon a price comparison of comparable products sold at leading national retail grocery stores.
SOURCE ALDI Inc.