Aleddra EasiRetrofit Tube Lamp Outshines the Competition with Simple Energy Efficient LED T8 Installation
RENTON, Wash., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Energy efficient LED T8 tube lamp has become very popular recently because of better defined industry standards, improved lighting efficacies (>100 lumen-per-watt), and a wider rebate acceptance by utilities companies. However, not all LED T8 lamps are created equal. Below is a comparison of three most popular energy efficient LED T8 lamps on market:
Double-end T8 with internal driver & dual-safety switch: This type of LED T8 doesn't have any cons, and its pros include:
- A stand-alone lamp
- Minimal re-wiring, easy installation
- Used with either shunted or non-shunted lampholders
- Save 50-70% installation labor
- Single SKU for spare lamps
- Lowest total cost of ownership
- No electric shock hazards
Double-end T8 with internal driver & jumper wire: This type of LED T8 doesn't have any pros, and its cons include:
- Require non-shunted lamp holders
- Need extra jumper wire to connect the two ends of the fixture
- Long installation time and high labor cost
- Possible electric shock
LED T8 with external driver: This type of LED T8 has an advantage that when the driver fails, there is no need to replace the T8 lamp. Its cons include:
- Not a stand-alone lamp; need an external driver to operate
- Extra time needed to install the external driver
- When the driver fails, the entire fixture is out of service
- Require certified electrician to replace the external driver
- Complicated wiring for 2/3/4-lamp configuration
- Multiple SKU's in inventory for external drivers
The above static comparison while accurate doesn't tell the whole story. One of the most overlooked gotchas in selecting LED tube is the installation time and costs, and they vary drastically for these three types of LED T8. To see it is to believe it. Courtesy of Millennium Lighting Consultants Corp (www.MLConsultants.us), the installation demonstration of these three types of LED T8 lamps can now be viewed online at: http://www.youtube.com/MLConsultants
All three LED T8's in the demo are UL1598C classified for replacing linear fluorescent tube. Aleddra EasiRetrofit LED T8 lamp wins handily over the other two T8 lamps with 50-70% less time for installation. This could translate into significant savings on project duration, downtime, and labor costs.
Aleddra LED Lighting is headquartered in Seattle and has sales agents and distribution partners throughout US. We are ready to assist you immediately so that you can take advantage of EasiRetrofit LED tube for your energy efficient lighting project. Contact us today at +1-425-430-4555 or email@example.com.
PR Contact: Matthew Maa, Marketing Manager at 425-430-4555 or visit www.aleddra.com.
Read more news from Aleddra.