DALLAS, Dec. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Alerian announced the results of the December quarterly review for the Alerian Index Series. All changes will be implemented as of the close of business on Friday, December 16, 2016.
- Alerian MLP Index (AMZ) and Alerian MLP Equal Weight Index (AMZE). Ferrellgas Partners (NYSE: FGP) will be removed from the AMZ and AMZE.
- Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index (AMZI). No changes.
- Alerian Energy Infrastructure Index (AMEI). Antero Midstream Partners (NYSE: AM) will be added to the AMEI.
- Alerian Natural Gas MLP Index (ANGI). Dominion Midstream Partners (NYSE: DM) will be added to the ANGI.
- Alerian MLP Closed End Fund Index (AMCI). No changes.
- Alerian Large Cap MLP Index (AMLI). Antero Midstream Partners will be added to the AMLI. Plains GP Holdings (NYSE: PAGP) will be removed from the AMLI.
- Alerian Mid Cap MLP Index (AMMI). Alliance Holding GP (NASDAQ: AHGP) and Alliance Resource Partners (NASDAQ: ARLP) will be added to the AMMI. Antero Midstream Partners and Ferrellgas Partners will be removed from the AMMI.
- Alerian Small Cap MLP Index (AMSI). Ferrellgas Partners, Noble Midstream Partners (NYSE: NBLX), and Titan Energy (OTCMKTS: TTEN) will be added to the AMSI. Alliance Holdings GP, Alliance Resource Partners, and Memorial Production Partners (NASDAQ: MEMP) will be removed from the AMSI.
In addition, each index will be rebalanced in accordance with their existing methodology. Constituent additions to and deletions from an index do not reflect an opinion by Alerian on the investment merits of the respective securities.
Alerian equips investors to make informed decisions about Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs) and energy infrastructure. Its benchmarks, including the flagship Alerian MLP Index (AMZ), are widely used by industry executives, investment professionals, research analysts, and national media to analyze relative performance. As of November 30, 2016, over $16 billion is directly tied to the Alerian Index Series through exchange-traded funds and notes, separately managed accounts, and structured products. For more information, including index values and constituents, research content, and announcements regarding rebalancings, please visit alerian.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alerian-index-series-december-2016-index-review-300375872.html