Alice M. Rivlin to Receive 2013 Robert M. Ball Award for Outstanding Achievements in Social Insurance
WASHINGTON, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Hundreds of Washington's leading policymakers and budget experts will gather to toast Alice M. Rivlin as she is awarded this year's Robert M. Ball Award for Outstanding Achievements in Social Insurance. This annual ceremony, hosted by the National Academy of Social Insurance (NASI), is attended by policy, research, advocacy, and business leaders who share a common passion for strengthening social insurance and reflecting on its important role in providing economic security for all Americans.
WHO: Speakers honoring Rivlin include:
- The Honorable Jacob J. Lew, Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- The Honorable Tom Daschle, Senior Policy Advisor, DLA Piper and Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader
- The Honorable Donna E. Shalala, President, University of Miami and Former Secretary, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- The Honorable Anthony Williams, Senior Strategic Advisor, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP and Former Mayor of Washington, DC
- Robert D. Reischauer, Distinguished Institute Fellow and President Emeritus, The Urban Institute
- Alan Blinder, Professor of Economics and Public Affairs at Princeton University and Former Vice Chairman of the Federal Reserve
WHEN: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 ∙ 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Capital Hilton (Presidential Ballroom), 1001 16th Street, NW, Washington, DC
The National Academy of Social Insurance is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization made up of the nation's leading experts on social insurance. Its mission is to advance solutions to challenges facing the nation by increasing public understanding of how social insurance contributes to economic security.
SOURCE The National Academy of Social Insurance
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.