RALEIGH, N.C., March 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Alien Skin Software today announced the Advanced Layers Update for Exposure X2, their non-destructive RAW photo editor. From legendary creative effects plugin to award-winning photo editor, Exposure handles the full digital photography workflow. Photographers can quickly organize, edit, enhance, and export their photos, while enjoying the speed and ease of a catalog-free workflow. From capture to creativity, Exposure is the fastest way for photographers to bring their vision to life.
The Exposure X2 Advanced Layers Update is free for owners of Exposure X2. This newest version of Exposure takes a bold step forward by adding advanced layering tools that enable stacking of effects for added creativity. Layers can be copied and pasted, turned on and off individually, applied to multiple images, and more.
The update provides additional features, which include:
- Vintage presets provide delicate, rich platinum tones characterized by warm blacks and expanded mid-tone grays, while border overlays simulate the matte brushed region that surrounds the image
- Bright presets provide light, low-contrast looks that are great for outdoor portraits and weddings
- High DPI support for compatibility with 4K monitors
- Quick exports enable simultaneous saving of variants for web, publishing, and more, each with different settings and to different folders
- File naming options allow use of capture time for more flexibility, and destination options automate the placement of photos in subfolders, saving users from having to manually navigate to subfolders each time they upload or export
- Expanded camera support and manual lens correction provide greater flexibility
- Selective presets enable more control over mixing presets and edits, for a seamless blended look
"Exposure now offers an advanced layering system that provides photographers with limitless stacking capabilities, so they can precisely blend multiple looks in their images," said Alien Skin CEO Finley Lee. "And Exposure's fast, catalog-free approach runs circles around traditional photo editors."
Photographers can begin working immediately, moments after connecting their camera card to their computer. Photos become available for editing as soon as they are copied or moved. Exposure uses the same familiar folder structure as on a user's computer, and its catalog-free workflow is fast, reliable, and uses disk space efficiently.
Robust tagging and rating tools help photographers quickly categorize images and cull shoots. Extensive sorting and search tools make finding images easy. Exposure's tools exist in a single user interface, so photographers can transition seamlessly between tagging, editing, and exporting.
Inspiring Creative Tools
Exposure's advanced rendering engine is built to handle the demanding task of accurate film emulation. It faithfully reproduces film, right down to the size, shape, and color of analog film grain. A library of tasteful presets spans the history of photography, then goes even further, offering new creative styles. Each preset is completely customizable, so photographers can create and save their own unique looks as user presets.
Every aspect of an image can be adjusted, from fundamental adjustments like color toning, sharpening, and exposure, to advanced creative effects like vignette, film grain, and bokeh. Photographers can further refine their work using spot healing tools, brushing, and an advanced layers system, which enables them to stack presets, overlays, and any other adjustments in a seamless blend.
Exposure also works as a creative editing plug-in with other editors, such as Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
Pricing and Availability
The Advanced Layers Update for Exposure X2 will be sent as a free update to owners of Exposure X2. For new users, it is available now from www.alienskin.com for $149. Upgrade pricing is available to owners of previous versions of Exposure for $99.
The Advanced Layers Update for Exposure X2 is also available in the Exposure X2 Bundle. This integrated collection bundles Exposure with Alien Skin's award-winning Blow Up and Snap Art tools to add high-quality upsizing and natural media special effects. It is available for $199. Owners of one or more of the current apps in the Exposure X2 Bundle can purchase for $119.
A 30-day fully-featured free trial of Exposure is available. Visit www.alienskin.com/exposure to learn more and download the trial.
The Advanced Layers Update for Exposure X2 may be used as a standalone program or as a set of plug-ins. When used as a set of plug-ins, it requires one of the following host applications:
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 or Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 or newer
- Adobe Lightroom 6 or Adobe Lightroom CC 2015 or newer
- Apple Mac: OS X 10.10 Yosemite or newer
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 7 64-bit or newer
- An Intel Core 2 processor or compatible
- A monitor with 1280 × 768 resolution or greater
About Alien Skin Software
Alien Skin Software makes creative tools for photographers and graphic designers. The company distills advanced math and cutting edge research into creative tools that help you quickly bring your vision to life. Alien Skin Software's reputation for bug-free software and friendly tech support has grown worldwide since its founding in 1993. For more information, visit the Alien Skin website at www.alienskin.com.
Exposure, Snap Art, Bokeh, Blow Up, Alien Skin Software, and the Alien Skin Software logo are registered trademarks of Alien Skin Software, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alien-skin-software-announces-new-raw-photo-editor-for-photographers-300429655.html
SOURCE Alien Skin Software