AUBURN HILLS, Mich., March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- All-new 2015 Chrysler 200 highway fuel economy improves five miles per gallon compared with the outgoing model, achieving 36 miles per gallon highway with the standard 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir®2 I-4 engine
- 2015 Chrysler 200 models equipped with the available award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivers an EPA highway fuel economy rating of 32 miles per gallon, a three mile per gallon improvement versus the outgoing model
- 2015 Chrysler 200 is the industry's first mid-size sedan with a standard nine-speed automatic transmission, a key enabler for the improved fuel economy rating, along with state-of-the-art electronic shifting with rotary dial
- Choice of two world-class engines are available: the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine produces a best-in-class 295 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque, or the standard 2.4-liter MultiAir®2 Tigershark I-4 engine produces 184 horsepower and 173 lb.-ft. of torque
- The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 has a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $21,700 (excluding $995 destination)
Simple elegance, an exhilarating driving experience, state-of-the-art and easy-to-use technology and fuel economy of up to 36 miles per gallon (mpg), the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 is a car that makes the commute more enjoyable at a value customers appreciate.
"With fuel economy ratings of up to 36 miles per gallon and features typically found on more expensive luxury vehicles, the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 delivers the premium features customers want at a price they can afford," said Al Gardner, President and CEO — Chrysler Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "With a standard nine-speed transmission, state-of-the art available all-wheel drive, a choice of two powertrains and interior that will wow drivers and passengers alike, the new Chrysler 200 is raising the bar for what customers should expect from a mid-size sedan."
The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 sedan leapfrogs expectations in the mid-size sedan segment for comfort, ride and handling. Engineered to provide premium driving dynamics, highway fuel economy of up to 36 mpg highway, a quiet cabin and an enthusiastic driving experience, the all-new Chrysler 200 delivers exceptional ride and handling characteristics for all roads and weather conditions.
The 2015 Chrysler 200 with the standard 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir®2 I-4 engine is rated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at 23 mpg city, 36 mpg highway and 28 mpg combined, a five mile per gallon improvement in the highway rating versus the outgoing model.
2015 Chrysler 200 models equipped with the available best-in-class 295 horsepower Pentastar V-6 engine are rated at 19 mpg city, 32 mpg highway and 23 mpg combined. The highway rating is a three mile per gallon improvement versus the outgoing model with the V-6 engine.
All-new 2015 Chrysler 200 mid-size sedans equipped with the Pentastar V-6 engine and the state-of-the-art all-wheel-drive system are rated at 18 mpg city, 29 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined.
The improved fuel economy ratings are achieved through a number of technologies:
- A segment-first standard nine-speed automatic transmission and world-class engines, including the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with a best-in-class 295 horsepower, add up to an enjoyable, spirited driving experience in the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200
- An available, innovative, state-of-the-art all-wheel-drive system which features a segment-first fully disconnecting rear axle that improves fuel economy by operating in front-wheel drive when all-wheel drive is not needed
- The all-wheel-drive system features a one-speed power transfer unit (PTU) and uniquely disconnects and reconnects the rear axle – automatically and seamlessly – as needed and at any speed
- The disconnecting rear axle disconnects at both the PTU and rear drive module, which improves fuel economy by reducing parasitic loss when all-wheel drive is not needed
- The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 is the world's first mid-size sedan to feature a nine-speed automatic transmission, which comes standard. The benefits of the advanced-technology transmission are numerous, including highway fuel economy of 36 mpg when powered by the 2.4-liter MultiAir®2 Tigershark I-4 engine
- The addition of more gear ratios optimizes both fuel economy and performance by precisely matching the gear state to the most efficient engine operating condition. This benefits fuel economy and the driving experience
- The high-tech transmission dispenses power smoothly for elevated refinement. Such performance is made possible because the ratio steps between its gears are smaller than those of other transmissions
- The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 delivers exceptional aerodynamics with a 0.27 Cd which aids improved fuel economy, on-road dynamics, and reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH). The quiet cabin is another positive factor in the superior driving experience
The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 is where exquisite style meets exceptional performance. The Chrysler 200 raises the bar for a mid-size car with an elegant exterior design, a thoughtful, beautifully crafted interior and an exceptional driving experience complements of a segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission and Chrysler's Compact U.S.-wide chassis. With highway fuel economy of up to 36 miles per gallon; the most available safety and security features in the segment with 60; an available, best-in-class all-wheel drive system; easy-to-use, state-of-the-art technology and a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of just $21,700, the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 is engineered to exceed customer expectations in every category.
The 2015 Chrysler 200 is designed, engineered and built with pride in Michigan.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC