DUBLIN, Oct. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Allergan plc. (NYSE: AGN), today announced that its data will be featured as oral and poster presentations during the 2015 American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) Annual Meeting in Chicago, October 15 – 18, 2015.
The scheduled dates, times (noted in local Central Time), room locations, presentation titles, and lead authors are as follows:
Thursday, October 15
- "Deoxycholic Acid Injection (ATX-101) is Safe and Effective in Men: Results of a Pooled Analysis from the REFINE Trials"
- Presenter: Dr. Vince Bertucci
- 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Exhibit hall
Saturday, October 17
- "The Condition of Submental Fullness and Treatment Outcomes Registry (CONTOUR): a Non-interventional Study of Submental Fullness, Treatment Options Administered, and Associated Outcomes"
- Presenter: Dr. Kenneth Beer
- 7:50 - 7:55 a.m.
- "Changes in Skin Laxity Among Responders to Deoxycholic Acid Injection (ATX-101) in the REFINE Trials"
- Presenter: Dr. Sabrina Fabi
- 7:55 - 8 a.m.
- "Reductions in Submental Fat Achieved With Deoxycholic Acid Injection (ATX-101) Are Maintained Over Time: Results from Long-Term, Follow-Up Studies"
- Presenter: Dr. Ashish Bhatia
- 8 - 8:05 a.m.
- "A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Phase 3b Safety Study of Deoxycholic Acid Injection (ATX-101) for Reduction of Submental Fat in Subjects with Mild or Extreme Submental Fullness"
- Presenter: Dr. Richard Glogau
- 8:05 - 8:10 a.m.
- "Repeated OnabotulinumtoxinA Treatment for Glabellar Lines at Rest Over 3 Treatment Cycles"
- Presenter: Dr. Alastair Carruthers
- 2:40 - 2:45 p.m.
- "Substantial Improvements in Subject-Assessed Satisfaction with Appearance and Psychological Impact from Combined Facial Aesthetic Treatment With OnabotulinumtoxinA, Dermal Fillers, and Bimatoprost: Primary Results from the "Harmony" Study"
- Presenter: Dr. Susan Weinkle
- 2:55 - 3 p.m.
- "Understanding the Male Perspective on Office-Based Aesthetic Procedures: Awareness, Motivating Factors, and Barriers"
- Presenter: Dr. Terrance Keaney
- 3 - 3:05 p.m.
- "Facial Treatment Preferences in Aesthetically-Oriented Men"
- Presenter: Dr. Jared Jagdeo
- 3:10 - 3:15 p.m.
- "Assessing the Psychological and Visual Impact of Submental Fat Using a Validated Questionnaire (Patient-Reported Submental Fat Impact Scale): Results of a Pooled Analysis from the REFINE Trials"
- Presenter: Dr. Gary Monheit
- 5:20 - 5:25 p.m.
BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) Important Information
Approved Uses BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow's feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
BOTOX® Cosmetic may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems any time (hours to weeks) after injection of BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing, due to weakening of associated muscles, can be severe and result in loss of life. You are at the highest risk if these problems are pre-existing before injection. Swallowing problems may last for several months
- Spread of toxin effects. The effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas away from the injection site and cause serious symptoms including: loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice, trouble saying words clearly, loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities
The dose of BOTOX® Cosmetic is not the same as, or comparable to, any other botulinum toxin product.
There has not been a confirmed serious case of spread of toxin effect when BOTOX® Cosmetic has been used at the recommended dose to treat frown lines, crow's feet lines or both at the same time.
Serious and/or immediate allergic reactions have been reported. They include: itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you are wheezing or have asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
Do not take BOTOX® Cosmetic if you: are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic (see Medication Guide for ingredients); had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA), or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA); have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Tell your doctor about all your muscle or nerve conditions, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease), myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, as you may be at increased risk of serious side effects including difficulty swallowing and difficulty breathing from typical doses of BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including: plans to have surgery; had surgery on your face; weakness of forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows; drooping eyelids; any other abnormal facial change; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby); are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed (it is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk).
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Using BOTOX® Cosmetic with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received BOTOX® Cosmetic in the past.
Especially tell your doctor if you: have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last 4 months; have received injections of botulinum toxin, such as Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® in the past (be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you received); have recently received an antibiotic by injection; take muscle relaxants; take an allergy or cold medicine; take a sleep medicine; take aspirin-like products or blood thinners.
Other side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic include: dry mouth, discomfort or pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, neck pain, and eye problems: double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes.
For more information refer to the Medication Guide or talk with your doctor.
To report a side effect, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871.
© 2015 Allergan, Inc. Irvine, CA 92612 ® marks owned by Allergan, Inc.
Dysport® is a registered trademark of Ipsen Biopharm Limited. Myobloc® is a registered trademark of Solstice Neurosciences, Inc., Xeomin® is a registered trademark of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co, KGaA.
KYBELLA® IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is KYBELLA®? KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called "double chin."
It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area.
Who should not receive KYBELLA®? You should not receive KYBELLA® if you have an infection in the treatment area.
Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you: Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin; have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin; have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area; have had or have trouble swallowing; have bleeding problems; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby); are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk; talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive KYBELLA®).
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).
What are the possible side effects of KYBELLA®? KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing and nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness.
The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area.
These are not all of the possible side effects of KYBELLA®. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit MedWatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please talk to your healthcare provider or see accompanying prescribing information for additional information.
About Allergan Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN), headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, is a unique, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing innovative branded pharmaceuticals, high-quality generic and over-the-counter medicines and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide valuable treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, cardiovascular and anti-infective therapeutic categories, and operates the world's third-largest global generics business, providing patients around the globe with increased access to affordable, high-quality medicines. Allergan is an industry leader in research and development, with one of the broadest development pipelines in the pharmaceutical industry and a leading position in the submission of generic product applications globally.
With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
For more information, visit Allergan's website at www.Allergan.com.
Forward-Looking Statement Statements contained in this press release that refer to future events or other non-historical facts are forward-looking statements that reflect Allergan's current perspective of existing trends and information as of the date of this release. Except as expressly required by law, Allergan disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from Allergan's current expectations depending upon a number of factors affecting Allergan's business. These factors include, among others, the difficulty of predicting the timing or outcome of FDA approvals or actions, if any; the impact of competitive products and pricing; market acceptance of and continued demand for Allergan's products; difficulties or delays in manufacturing; and other risks and uncertainties detailed in Allergan's periodic public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to Allergan's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2015 (such periodic public filings having been filed under the "Actavis plc" name). Except as expressly required by law, Allergan disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
CONTACTS: Investors: Lisa DeFrancesco (862) 261-7152
Media: Mark Marmur (862) 261-7558
Ember Garrett (714) 246-3525
SOURCE Allergan plc