SEATTLE, Dec. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allrecipes, the world's largest digital food brand, with more than a billion visits annually, introduced today a totally reimagined version of Allrecipes Dinner Spinner, the world's #1 downloaded recipe app, for smartphones and tablets. The app, which has been completely rebuilt to take full advantage of iOS 7 features and design, provides connected home cooks with seamless access to Allrecipes' vast collection of top-rated recipes from anywhere across both smartphones and tablets. With the new app, home cooks can find and share recipes, photos and reviews that have been created, tested and shared by Allrecipes' community of 10 million home cooks.
"We recognize that today's busy, family-focused home cooks are on the move. Each day we see millions of home cooks seamlessly transitioning from PCs to smartphones to tablets as part of their everyday shopping and cooking routines," said Stan Pavlovsky, Allrecipes' President. "Whether our community is searching for dinner ideas and shopping from their smartphones while on the go or viewing videos on their tablet to guide them step-by-step through meal preparation, we've looked at every fact and feature of the app to make sure Allrecipes Dinner Spinner provides everything home cooks need to stay connected to the recipes and community they rely on."
"With more than half of time spent on the Internet happening via mobile devices, a great mobile experience for brands is more important than ever before," said Sanjay Patel, CEO of Perpetuating, Inc., the mobile app strategy and development firm that built the latest version of Allrecipes Dinner Spinner. "At Perpetuating, our mobile strategy experts collaborated with the Allrecipes team to understand how home cooks want to integrate mobile solutions into their daily lives so we could create a powerful, new app that provides a best-in-class mobile experience."
One of the things home cooks love most about Allrecipes Dinner Spinner are its advanced search and browsing features that allow them to find recipes to match their interests and needs based on ingredients (both those they have and those they might want to avoid), dish type, recipe description, dietary needs, and prep time. Since launching the app five years ago, more than 15 million people have downloaded Allrecipes Dinner Spinner on their smartphones. The savvy redesign is available today for iOS 7 with a version for Android available soon; the app's image and sharing capabilities take advantage of the specific capabilities of each platform.
Features new to the re-launched Allrecipes Dinner Spinner include:
- Recipe discovery. Home cooks can search for recipes based on ingredients and dietary needs, or get ideas with hand-picked seasonal recipe suggestions updated daily.
- Seamless access to favorite recipes. Keeping in mind that home cooks today rely on a variety of devices for meal planning, shopping and preparation, with the new app home cooks can quickly access and save recipes to their Allrecipes Recipe Boxes through the Allrecipes Dinner Spinner app and their desktop computer, too.
- Shopper friendly. The scaling feature allows cooks to adjust the number of servings for any recipe to match their exact number of guests, and then add all or only the ingredients needed to their integrated shopping list.
- Cook like a pro with video. More than one thousand mobile-friendly recipe videos guide home cooks step-by-step through preparation of Allrecipes' most sought-after dishes.
- Make cooking more social. Home cooks can share reviews, upload photos, and pin/post recipes to their favorite social media channels including Facebook and Pinterest directly from the app.
- Smartphone and Tablet ready. Experience a great mobile experience with more features for the iPhone and iPad, and Android devices coming soon.
For more information on Allrecipes Dinner Spinner, visit https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/allrecipes.com-dinner-spinner/id299515267
To view a short video featuring Allrecipes Dinner Spinner highlights, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEC2i3YuyUg
Allrecipes, the world's largest digital food brand, receives more than 1 billion visits annually from family-focused women who connect and inspire one another through photos, reviews, videos and blog posts. Since its launch in 1997, the Seattle-based social site has served as a dynamic, indispensable resource for cooks of all skill levels seeking trusted recipes, entertaining ideas, everyday and holiday meal solutions and practical cooking tips. Allrecipes is a global, multi-platform brand with 18 web and mobile sites, 11 mobile apps, and 15 eBooks serving 23 countries in 12 languages. In November 2013, Allrecipes magazine launched nationwide, and an Allrecipes cooking segment premiered on The Better Show. Allrecipes is part of Meredith Corporation, the leading media and marketing company serving American women.
Founded in 2001, Perpetuating, Inc. designs and develops engaging mobile apps that truly enhance the mobile experience. For more than a decade, our mobile strategy experts have been helping clients navigate through the chaos of the rapidly evolving mobile landscape to capitalize on emerging mobile opportunities. We have developed digital solutions for leading firms such as Dunkin' Donuts, Cumberland Farms, Samsung, Hasbro, Sesame Street, Thomson Reuters, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, Novartis, ADP, Cisco, and more. Perpetuating's team of strategists, architects, designers, and developers creates mobile solutions from offices in Massachusetts, New York, Illinois, Florida, and India. For more information, visit www.perpetuating.com.