Allstate Assisting Oklahoma Policyholders Cleaning Up After Tornadoes
Allstate Offers Six Post-Storm Tips for Homeowners
NORTHBROOK, Ill., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Once it is safe, Allstate Insurance recommends Oklahoma residents carefully inspect their homes and vehicles for damage caused by the tornadoes.
Allstate policyholders can begin the claim process by calling or visiting their agent, calling 1-800-54-STORM (1-800-547-8676) or logging onto Allstate.com.
Here are some tips to help people pick up the pieces:
- Make sure your home is structurally safe. If your home has sustained serious structural damage, be extremely careful and be sure it is safe to be inside the home.
- Prepare to file an insurance claim by gathering all relevant policy numbers.
- Report possible claims promptly.
- Make reasonable temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Save the receipts for temporary home repairs as these expenses may be reimbursed as part of your homeowner's policy. Your adjuster will need this information.
- If your home is uninhabitable, review your policy to find out what additional living expenses your insurance policy may provide. Keep any receipts for expenses that may be reimbursed as part of your homeowners' policy.
- Inventory your home and list damaged items before your adjuster arrives. An inventory can help facilitate the claim process after a disaster.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives, as well as via www.allstate.com, www.allstate.com/financial and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®." As part of Allstate's commitment to strengthen local communities, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate employees, agency owners and the corporation provided $29 million in 2012 to thousands of nonprofit organizations and important causes across the United States.
SOURCE Allstate Insurance
More by this Source
Five Insurance Tips For Married Couples
Oct 15, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.