Allure Announces 2013 Best of Beauty Award Winners
17th Annual List Bestows Beauty's Highest Honor and Names Best Products in Hair, Makeup, Skin, and More
NEW YORK, Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allure, The Beauty Expert, announced the 246 winners of the 2013 Best of Beauty Awards, the eagerly anticipated list of the absolute best beauty products on the market, at an awards event held tonight at Lincoln Center and hosted by editor in chief Linda Wells along with VP and publisher Agnes B. Chapski.
Thousands of beauty products are launched each year as consumer demand continues to grow, driving the expansion of the beauty and personal-care industry in the United States to an estimated $72.6 billion by 2016. Allure's Best of Beauty Awards identifies the most effective and innovative products in the marketplace through rigorous testing of tens of thousands of products by Allure editors and consultation with experts, such as dermatologists, makeup artists, hairstylists, and cosmetic chemists. Allure's Best of Beauty Awards are distinctive from other such editorial endorsements in that editors test products from the entire market and not just those from brands that advertise.
This year's winners include:
- The Big Breakthroughs: Fourteen of the most game-changing innovative products of the year, such as the Color Wow Root Cover Up, the Sephora + Pantone IQ Color IQ system, and the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i hair-dryer.
- Eyes: The mascaras, liners, and shadows that will make your eyes bigger, brighter, and sexier, such as the L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lashes Waterproof Mascara, which testing revealed can withstand the sweatiest Spin class but also gently washes away.
- Hair: The products that will deliver shinier, healthier hair, such as the Pantene AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment, which makes skimpy strands thicker with a daily spritz.
- Cheap Thrills: The products that cost $10 or less that deliver and stood out from the rest in testing, including CoverGirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation, which demonstrates remarkable endurance in keeping complexions looking flawless despite being extremely airy and blendable.
- Skin: The exceptional skin-care products that deliver the best cleansing, moisturizing, and anti-aging results, such as Elure's Advanced Lightening Lotion, which diminishes discoloration in four weeks with a natural enzyme.
The full results of Allure's Best of Beauty Awards can be found at allure.com/go/best-of-beauty and in the October issue, hitting newsstands September 17.
Follow Allure on facebook.com/allure and @Allure_Magazine on Twitter and Instagram. Join the conversation about The Best of Beauty Awards by using #BestofBeauty
Allure launched in 1991 as the first and only magazine devoted to beauty. Today, Allure's print audience is 6.6 million, and its average monthly online audience is 2 million. Allure has a strong social-media presence, tablet editions, mobile apps, licensed products, books, and special issues.
More by this Source
Allure And Maybelline New York Provide Insider Access To New York Fashion Week
Sep 05, 2013, 08:00 ET
Allure To Give Away More Than $1 Million In Beauty And Fashion In August Free Stuff Issue
Aug 01, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.