Al's Angels Announces Updates on Hurricane Sandy Holiday Toy Drive
Over 2,600 toys and donations from dozens of businesses reported so far; helping children that have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy within the tri-state area
WESTPORT, Conn., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Al's Angels, a non-profit charitable organization founded by Westport, CT resident and CEO of Optimus Publishing Al DiGuido, announced today the latest updates on progress and donations from the organization's Hurricane Sandy Toy Drive.
Earlier this month, Al's Angels began its Hurricane Sandy Toy Drive, which was launched to help children that have been impacted by the effects of the storm. The organization began collecting toys and gifts for children in need throughout the tri-state area.
In less than a month since its launch the results from the initiative have been staggering:
- Al's Angels has currently collected 2,653 toys in-house and has received commitments for thousands more from businesses and individuals across the nation.
- The current total of toys collected has surpassed the halfway mark of the goal of 5,000 toys that Al's Angels announced last week.
- The latest list of participating businesses includes: Bojangles Dance Studios, Ganim Garden Center, Fitness Edge Clubs, BK Athletics, Pack 172, Chef's Table, Aitoro Appliances, Woodworkers of Whittier, Carl Anthony 's Restaurant, New Canaan Toy Store, Annie Sez & Mandee Stores, Tri Rivers Surgical, and many more.
- Hundreds of children and volunteers in the Al's Angels community have canvassed their neighborhoods and knocked on doors to create their own toy drives to support the children effected by Hurricane Sandy.
With just two weeks to go until Christmas, Al's Angels would like all toy donations to arrive prior to December 21st in order to insure delivery to children in affected areas.
"We are incredibly inspired by the amazing generosity of so many people around the country who have learned about the work that Al's Angels is doing to bring joy to children and families impacted by Hurricane Sandy this holiday season," said Al's Angels founder Al DiGuido . "Each day continue to receive shipments from individuals and companies around the country that want to share our message of love and hope with those in need. We are sending a signal to these children and families that they are not alone in their challenges. Working together we are creating holiday miracles."
Those wanting to contribute to the Al's Angels Hurricane Sandy Toy Drive have a number of ways to do so:
- Santa's Workshop Drop-Off: Al's Angels will be present at Santa's Workshop located at 1175 Post Road in Westport, CT (opposite Greens Farms School) at various times over the next several weeks. To arrange a drop-off at the Workshop please contact email@example.com and someone from Al's Angels will accommodate you promptly.
- Online Donations: for any person who would rather make a financial contribution towards the purchase of a toy for a needy child; donations to the Toy Drive can be made thru the Al's Angels website (www.alsangels.org ) . Simply click on the "Donate" button and find the Hurricane Sandy Toy Drive in the drop down menu and follow the instructions to make your donation.
- Mail Donations: If you would rather make your toy donations or financial contributions via mail, please send to Al's Angels – 342 Greens Farms Road, Westport , CT 06880. 100 percent of the dollars donated will be used to purchase toys for children.
The work of Al's Angels continues to draw tremendous attention and acceptance in the tri-state area. The group currently has over 3,000 members who take an active part in the fund raising, meal assembly, gift wrapping and delivery. The organization holds a series of fund raisers throughout the year to provide it with the necessary funds to continue to expand its work reaching those who are suffering "under the radar" as found Al DiGuido often reminds donors.
ABOUT AL'S ANGELS
Al's Angels was founded by Westport, CT resident Al DiGuido in 2004 as a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to provide assistance to children and families suffering hardship due to life-threatening illnesses or poverty. Al's Angels not only distributes meals and gifts for needy families, but also sponsors fundraising events and activities for affiliated churches and social service groups, provides them with fundraising support and works to encourage greater public giving.
North 6th Agency, Inc. Al DiGuido , Founder, Al's Angels
212-334-9753, /n6a/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/HQUV5VT7firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com 917-502-1017, /n6a/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/HQUV5VT7firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com
SOURCE Al's Angels
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.