Al's Angels Announces Updates on Hurricane Sandy Holiday Toy Drive; Sets Goal of 5,000 Toys by December 21st
Nearly 500 toys and donations from dozens of businesses reported so far; helping children that have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy within the tri-state area
WESTPORT, Conn., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Al's Angels, a non-profit charitable organization founded by Westport, CT resident and CEO of Optimus Publishing Al DiGuido, announced today that the organization's Hurricane Sandy Toy Drive has already received staggering results since it was launched just two weeks ago.
Earlier this month, Al's Angels announced the launch of a major initiative to help children within the age of newborn to 10 years old that have been impacted by the effects of Hurricane. The organization began collecting toys and gifts for children in need throughout the tri-state area.
In just two weeks the results have been staggering:
- Al's Angels has currently collected 475 toys in-house and has received commitments for thousands more from businesses and individuals across the nation.
- Participating businesses have included: Priceline, Fresh Yoga, Mutual Boiler Re Insurance, A&S Nathan Plumbing & Heating, Roland Comtois Ministry, Southwest Airlines, Kaycan Siding, Ocean Avenue, Triple Point Technology, Fetzer Tire, Ed's Garage Door, Rochester NY Girl Scouts, Granville Printing, Southwest Regional Maintenance Center Calibration Lab, and many more.
- Al's Angels volunteers are stepping up all around the country to host their own Hurricane Sandy Toy Drives and holiday parties that will donate toys and funds to this effort.
Following the tremendous support that the Hurricane Sandy Holiday Toy Drive has generated thus far, Al's Angels has announced that its goal is to reach 5,000 toys by December 21.
"It's clear that there are many in our country who are angels," said Al DiGuido, Founder of Al's Angels. "We call on all that can help in this effort to step up and join us as we create holiday miracles for thousands of children that have been devastated by Hurricane Sandy"
Those wanting to contribute to the Al's Angels Hurricane Sandy Toy Drive have a number of ways to do so:
- Santa's Workshop Drop-Off: Al's Angels will be present at Santa's Workshop located at 1175 Post Road in Westport, CT (opposite Greens Farms School) at various times over the next several weeks. To arrange a drop-off at the Workshop please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from Al's Angels will accommodate you promptly.
- Online Donations: for any person who would rather make a financial contribution towards the purchase of a toy for a needy child; donations to the Toy Drive can be made thru the Al's Angels website (www.alsangels.org) . Simply click on the "Donate" button and find the Hurricane Sandy Toy Drive in the drop down menu and follow the instructions to make your donation.
- Mail Donations: If you would rather make your toy donations or financial contributions via mail, please send to Al's Angels – 342 Greens Farms Road, Westport , CT 06880. 100 percent of the dollars donated will be used to purchase toys for children.
The work of Al's Angels continues to draw tremendous attention and acceptance in the tri-state area. The group currently has over 1,000 members who take an active part in the fund raising, meal assembly, gift wrapping and delivery. The organization holds a series of fund raisers throughout the year to provide it with the necessary funds to continue to expand its work reaching those who are suffering "under the radar" as found Al DiGuido often reminds donors.
A list of upcoming Al's Angels holiday drives and events is included below. To learn more about how to get involved in Al's Angels or to volunteer for any of these events, please visit www.alsangels.org or contact email@example.com.
- Sunday, December 2: Tomorrow's Children's Fund Holiday Party
- Wednesday, December 5: Norwalk Hospital Party
- Thursday, December 6: Clasp Homes Party
- Friday, December 7: Greenburgh Academy Holiday Event
- Saturday, December 15: Saint Christopher Ottile Event
- Tuesday, December 18: Union Community Health and Saint Barnabus Events
- Sunday, December 23: Saint Mary's Church Event
ABOUT AL'S ANGELS
Al's Angels was founded by Westport, CT resident Al DiGuido in 2004 as a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to provide assistance to children and families suffering hardship due to life-threatening illnesses or poverty. Al's Angels not only distributes meals and gifts for needy families, but also sponsors fundraising events and activities for affiliated churches and social service groups, provides them with fundraising support and works to encourage greater public giving.
North 6th Agency, Inc.
Al DiGuido, Founder, Al's Angels
212-334-9753, /n6a/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/HQUV5VT7firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com
917-502-1017, /n6a/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/HQUV5VT7firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com
SOURCE Al’s Angels
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.