SAN JOSE, Calif., March 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera, now a part of Intel Corporation, will demonstrate a portfolio of innovative power and industrial solutions at the Applied Power and Electronics Conference (Booth #2253) being held from March 21-24, 2016, at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California. Altera will demonstrate how its field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and Enpirion power management solutions enable electronic systems designers to achieve new levels of power performance and efficiency while minimizing design efforts, reducing cost, and lowering risk of delays to design schedules.
Altera in-booth demonstrations include:
- Battery Management System (BMS) for stationary grid-tie storage - In an advancement that targets better battery management in electric power grids, Altera is demonstrating a battery management system (BMS) for grid-tie storage. It uses MAX®10 FPGA-based state of charge (SOC) estimation, and dual-extended Kalman filtering algorithm to achieve a small footprint, low latency and single-precision floating point.
- Streaming video solution with MIPI CSI-2 9, and Passive D-PHY, a specification of the Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) Alliance - From embedded vision to driver monitoring systems, to human machine interfaces, vendors can achieve streaming video with MIPI CSI-2 and Passive D-PHY in a highly flexible, yet low-power and dense footprint, with the MAX® 10 and Enpirion Power Solution.
- The EN6362QI 6 Amp PowerSoC – With its small footprint, and strong, efficient performance the Altera Enpirion EN6362QI PowerSoC is a powerful addition to a systems designer's toolbox. It offers a power density of 56 W/cm2 with a total solution of just 170 mm2 that is 45% smaller than other power modules and 75% smaller than most competing discrete (non-integrated) implementations.
In addition, Altera power experts at will be sharing the following research:
- "A High Accuracy and High Bandwidth Current Sense Circuit for Digitally Controlled DC-DC Buck Converters" written by D. Stack (Altera), A. Kelly (Altera), T. Conway (UL) (Thursday March 24, Track 8, 8:30 am – 11:20 am)
- "Off-Line Identification of Digitally Controlled Power Converters Using an Analog Frequency Response Analyzer" by M. Meola (ZMDI/IDT), A. Kelly (Altera) (Thursday March 24, Track 7, 8:30 am – 11:20 am)
Altera's Enpirion® power solutions are highly efficient power management products featuring small size, leading-edge silicon and magnetics design, advanced packaging, and fully validated designs. To learn more see www.altera.com/products/power/overview.html.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) expands the boundaries of technology to make the most amazing experiences possible. Information about Intel and the work of its more than 100,000 employees can be found at newsroom.intel.com and intel.com.
Intel, Intel Atom, Xeon and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Intel Programmable Solutions Group
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/altera-demonstrates-power-and-industrial-solutions-at-apec-2016-300238486.html
SOURCE Altera Corporation