Altera Showcases Next Generation 4K Broadcast Solutions at 2011 NAB
Visit Altera in Booth N1025
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) today announced it will showcase its next generation 4K broadcast solutions for video processing at the 2011 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show in Las Vegas. Show attendees will see the broadcast performance capabilities of Altera's 4K solutions. Highlighted are diverse offerings from low-end to high-end devices that help designers achieve optimal price, performance, and power for their broadcast applications. Altera's portfolio of FPGAs offers customizable features that allow designers to differentiate products while reducing their time to market.
2011 National Association of Broadcasters Show
Monday, April 11, to Thursday, April 14, 2011
Booth N1025, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV
Altera's in-booth demonstrations showcasing its FPGA technologies include:
- 4K x 2K up-scaling reference design on a single chip, enabling next generation video resolution
- Reducing overall chip count by eight devices, simplifying board design
- Format conversion with support from standard definition (SD) to 4K resolutions on Altera's Arria® and Cyclone® FPGAs offering significant power and cost reductions
- Video optimized memory controller for maximizing external memory bandwidth
- Peripherals and tools for enabling system level design and debug accelerating video system design
- Comprehensive set of low cost video solutions running on Altera's Cyclone series FPGAs for cost-sensitive audio/video applications
- Video transmission over 10G enabling service providers to leverage ubiquitous WAN networks for sending compressed and uncompressed video compared to costly broadcast dedicated networks
For additional information on Altera's participation at the 2011 National Association of Broadcasters Show, visit NAB 2011.
Altera programmable solutions enable system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost-effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Find out more about Altera's FPGA, CPLD and ASIC devices at www.altera.com. Follow Altera via Facebook, RSS and Twitter.
ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, HARDCOPY, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS and STRATIX words and logos are trademarks of Altera Corporation and registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other words and logos identified as trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective holders as described at www.altera.com/legal.
More by this Source
Altera Enables Immediate 20 nm Design Starts with Quartus II Software Arria 10 Edition
Dec 02, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.