SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) today announced it will demonstrate its programmable logic technology and present in multiple technology sessions at the Flash Memory Summit at the Santa Clara Convention Center, taking place August 5 to 7, 2014. Attendees can stop by the Altera booth #621 to learn more about using field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) as accelerators in the data center and to enable storage and memory virtualization. Altera representatives will also offer tutorials on high performance flash applications over the three-day-long event.
Altera's portfolio of FPGA and SoC solutions for flash and emerging memory applications can be programmed to meet enterprise Big Data and analytics storage requirements. Arria® 10 SoCs are also the industry's only 20 nm devices that integrate a hardened ARM processor system into the FPGA fabric. Altera FPGAs and SoCs provide a parallel architecture that aids in the acceleration of processing algorithms, while the Altera SDK for OpenCL design tool offers easy implementations of parallel processing applications onto FPGAs.
Altera FPGAs provide high-performance, low-power alternatives with optimum flexibility for developing flash memory applications. Altera booth demos will show new ways to use FPGAs to enable:
- Non-volatile DIMMs and memories
- Large scale flash arrays
- High speed, low latency IO interfaces and protocols
- High speed, low latency NVMe solutions, the specification for accessing solid-state drives (SSD) attached through the PCI Express (PCIe) bus.
- SSD controllers as part of a highly-configurable solution that can be targeted for different flash capacity and performance requirements
Altera partner, Everspin Technologies, will also demonstrate porting its ST-MRAM to Altera's Stratix® FPGA family showcasing high reliability and ultra low latency which offers customers the combined benefits of both Flash and DRAM – improved application performance, data security, system crash recovery time and SSD reliability.
Altera Panels, Tutorials, and Training Learn more about how FPGAs can enable your designs by attending the following sessions.
- FPGAs in Flash Controller Applications 202-C: Tuesday, August 5, 9:45-10:50 am with David McIntyre, Altera.
- Flash, the Next Dimension 102-A: Tuesday, August 5, 9:45-10:50 am, Chair: Bob Pierce, Altera
- Evening Session: Meet the Experts: Tuesday, August 5, 7:00-8:30 pm with David McIntyre, Altera.
- High Performance Flash Systems 202-C: Wednesday, August 6, 9:45-10:50 am with Chair David McIntyre, Altera.
- Life Beyond Flash- New Non-volatile Memory Technologies 301-C: Thursday, August 7, 8:30 – 9:30 am. Panelist: Bob Pierce, Altera
- Hands-on Lab - Rapidly Generating Custom Hardware Using OpenCL: Tuesday, August 5, from 8:30-9:45, and again 3:20-4:25 pm. It is repeated on Wednesday, August 6, from 9:45 to 10:50 am, and 4:45-5:45 pm Sean Settle, Altera.
About Altera Altera® programmable solutions enable designers of electronic systems to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGAs, SoCs, CPLDs, ASICs and complementary technologies, such as power management, to provide high-value solutions to customers worldwide. Visit www.Altera.com
ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, ENPIRION, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS and STRATIX words and logos are trademarks of Altera Corporation and registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other words and logos identified as trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective holders as described at www.altera.com/legal
Editor Contact: Karin Taylor Altera Corporation (408) 544-8207 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Altera Corporation