Leading Reference on Aluminum Mill Product Standards Available for Pre-Order Purchase
ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Aluminum Association has finalized the 2013 edition of Aluminum Standards and Data. The first update in more than four years, Aluminum Standards and Data 2013 is the preeminent reference for aluminum mill product standards and the most complete source of information on wrought aluminum. The book is available for pre-order purchase from the Aluminum Association bookstore at www.aluminum.org.
"Aluminum Standards and Data 2013 is a critically important reference for the entire aluminum industry," said Layle "Kip" Smith, President and CEO of Noranda and Chairman of the Aluminum Association. "Our technical standards create the backbone of a vital communication system that facilitates the production, sale and use of our metal in the United States and around the world."
Key updates in this edition of the publication include:
- Updated chemical limits and mechanical property tables to include new alloys and tempers
- Revised terminology section to improve clarity and to reflect recent changes in definitions
- Added new color codes for alloy identification
- Amended specifications section to improve cross referencing industry specifications
- Improved references to dimensional tolerances for a number of wrought products
- Revised identification Marking Section
- Modified the density calculation procedure
- Revised the section of Alloy and Temper Designation Systems for Aluminum in accordance with ANSI H35.1/H35.1(M)-2013.
The Aluminum Standards and Data U.S. edition and its metric counterpart contain information and data pertaining to chemical composition limits, typical properties, mechanical and physical properties, and standard dimensional tolerances for commonly used commercial alloys.
Both the U.S. and metric versions are available in print, CD and digital download form and may be purchased for pre-order in the Aluminum Association's online bookstore found at www.aluminum.org. The cost is $75.00 each for members and $150.00 each for non-members.
For additional information, contact Parvaneh Shafiee at email@example.com.
The Aluminum Association, based in Arlington, Virginia, works globally to aggressively promote aluminum as the most sustainable and recyclable automotive, packaging and construction material in today's market. The Association represents U.S. and foreign-based primary producers of aluminum, aluminum recyclers and producers of fabricated products, as well as industry suppliers. Member companies operate approximately 180 plants in the United States, with many conducting business worldwide. For more information visit www.Aluminum.org, on Twitter @AluminumNews or Facebook.com/AluminumAssociation.
SOURCE The Aluminum Association