Aluminum Week to Examine "The Road Ahead"
Program Includes: NHTSA Administrator David L. Strickland, Kaiser Aluminum President, CEO and Chairman Jack Hockema and others
ARLINGTON, Va. and WAUCONDA, Ill., Aug. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Aluminum Association, the Aluminum Extruders Council (AEC) and the Aluminum Anodizers Council (AAC) have released the program details for Aluminum Week 2012 in Chicago, Illinois. The event can be followed on social media using the hashtag #AlWeek or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/events/250886408362465/.
Aluminum Week will be hosted at the Renaissance Downtown Chicago from Monday, October 15 to Thursday, October 18, 2012 and features The Aluminum Association's Annual Meeting, the AEC's Management Conference and AAC's 21st Annual International Anodizing Conference.
The program includes:
- David L. Strickland, Administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA,)
- Jack Hockema, President, CEO and Chairman of Kaiser Aluminum,
- Mitch Bainwol, President & CEO, Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers,
- Chad Moutray, Chief Economist at the National Association of Manufacturers,
- Bernadette Budde, Senior Vice President of the Business & Industry Political Action Committee (BIPAC,)
- Michael Robinet, Managing Director of IHS Automotive Consulting,
- Richard Schultz, Managing Director for Automotive Materials Practice for Ducker Worldwide,
- Michael Stumo, CEO of the Coalition for a Prosperous America,
- Ujjval Vayas, JD PhD Principal at Alberti Group LLC, and
- Timothy Hayes, Metals Equity Analyst, Davenport & Co.,
The Aluminum Association will host its Press Roundtable beginning at noon central time on Wednesday, October 17. Members of the press are invited to participate in-person or via teleconference; lunch is provided. Contact James Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details. The roundtable will feature:
- Pat Franc, Aluminum Association Chairman, and President and CEO of Tri-Arrows Aluminum based in Louisville, Kentucky
- Layle "Kip" Smith, Aluminum Association Vice Chairman and President and CEO of Noranda Aluminum based in Franklin, Tennessee
- Jean Simon, Aluminum Association Executive Committee Chairman and President of Primary Metals, Rio Tinto Alcan based in Montreal, Quebec and
- Heidi Brock, President of the Aluminum Association.
"Hosting these events together allows for a dynamic program covering many areas of the industry," said Heidi Brock, President of The Aluminum Association. "Aluminum Week 2012's program will give participants insights into the future for market growth, policy and manufacturing."
"There is a great deal of synergy between our three organizations, and Aluminum Week provides the information and tools our members need to make smart and informed business decisions," said Rand Baldwin, CAE, President of the AEC.
"Aluminum Week 2012 presents an exceptional opportunity for members of three important aluminum trade groups to gather together and make connections that will support their own success while strengthening the industry overall," commented Greg Rajsky, CAE, President of the AAC.
Registration is now open at www.tinyurl.com/AluminumWeek. Registration is free for members of the press, please contact Jim Lewis (email@example.com) for the appropriate discount code. AEC members may register at www.AECmeets.org and AAC at www.AACconf.org.
The Aluminum Association
The Aluminum Association based in Arlington, Virginia, works globally to aggressively promote aluminum as the most sustainable and recyclable automotive, packaging and construction material in today's market. The Association represents U.S. and foreign-based primary producers of aluminum, aluminum recyclers and producers of fabricated products, as well as industry suppliers. Member companies operate more than 200 plants in the United States, with many conducting business worldwide.
Aluminum Extruders Council
The Aluminum Extruders Council (AEC) is an international trade association dedicated to advancing the effective use of aluminum extrusion in North America. AEC is committed to bringing comprehensive information about extrusion's characteristics, applications, environmental benefits, design and technology to users, product designers, engineers and the academic community. Further, AEC is focused on enhancing the ability of its members to meet the emerging demands of the market through sharing knowledge and best practices. Specialized conferences, seminars, workshops, and meetings throughout the year provide an outlet where AEC members can confront and solve today's challenges. AEC member companies represent aluminum extruders operating hundreds of extrusion presses in hundreds of plants worldwide, along with primary aluminum producers and other industry suppliers.
Aluminum Anodizers Council
The Aluminum Anodizers Council is the international trade association of firms engaged in aluminum anodizing and whose mission it is to support its members—and users of anodized aluminum—through education, advocacy, and promotion.
CONTACT: James Lewis, +1-703-358-2966, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE The Aluminum Association
More by this Source
Study: Major Sustainability Gains For North American Aluminum Industry
Jan 10, 2014, 10:00 ET
Aluminum Association Completes 2013 Edition of Aluminum Standards and Data
Dec 12, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.