LOS ANGELES, Feb. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Winston Baker, the leading global producer of entertainment business conferences, will present the Hope Award to Amazon Studios' Head of Motion Picture Production, Ted Hope, during the Entertainment Finance Forum on March 2, 2017 at the W Hollywood.
Celebrating artistic passion and commercial achievement, Winston Baker's Hope Award applauds one's ability to make great content while creating a sustainable business. It is also a reflection of the leadership skills required to inspire the next generation of content creators and technology innovators.
"In today's world, 'hope' is not a word we hear very often anymore. With all of the uncertainty and unrest we see in the media, it's easy to get caught up in all the noise. We were inspired to present the Hope Award in order to acknowledge the positive changes that were being made by visionaries in film, television and technological development," said Katherine Winston, Co-Founder of Winston Baker.
"Ted Hope also inspired the title of the award. Beyond his name, Ted is someone who truly embodies what this award means and it only made sense to present him with the first ever Hope Award," added Amy Baker, Co-Founder of Winston Baker. "Our plan is to present the Hope Award as an annual celebration in Ted's name and in the name of positive social change through creative disruption."
Ted Hope has been an influential figure in the industry for decades, writing the inspiring tell-all book "Hope For Film" about the ins and outs of the indie film business and working on many remarkable films such as MANCHESTER BY THE SEA; CAFÉ SOCIETY; CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON; EAT DRINK MAN WOMAN; THE SAVAGES; 21 GRAMS and more.
In addition to the award presentation, the Entertainment Finance Forum will also host film and television producers, tech innovators, strategy executives, investment managers and more to address strategies for finance and growth within the entertainment sector, such as mergers and acquisitions, digital distribution, gaming strategies, virtual and augmented reality, animation opportunities, China-US deals, and financing the diversity gap. The speaking faculty addressing these issues will include:
- David Alpert, Chief Executive Officer, Skybound Entertainment
- Jean-Julien Baronnet, Chief Executive Officer, Marla Studios
- John Burke, Partner, Akin Gump
- Rong Chen, Chief Executive Officer, Perfect World Pictures
- Joseph Chianese, EVP of EP Financial Solutions, Entertainment Partners
- Don Hahn, Award-Winning Animation Producer and Filmmaker
- Paul Hanson, Chief Executive Officer, Covert Media
- Laura Kennedy, EVP of TV Operations and Corporate Development, Lionsgate
- David U. Lee, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Leeding Media
- Chris Lytton, COO and EVP, Strategy and Business Affairs, The Jim Henson Company
- Stacey L. Rosenberg, Partner, Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Roy Salter, Senior Advisor, FTI Consulting
- Rachel Shane, President of Production, OddLot Entertainment
- Brad Sharp, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Dr. Stacy L. Smith, Associate Professor, USC Annenberg
- Mimi Steinbauer, President and Chief Executive Officer, Radiant Films International
- Michael Yang, Managing Director, Comcast Ventures
Partners and sponsors include The Hollywood Reporter, Akin Gump, EP Financial Solutions, FTI Consulting, Hogan Lovells, and Vine Alternative Investments. Additional speakers along with program updates and registration details are available on the conference website: www.joineff.com.
About Winston Baker
Winston Baker produces conferences globally for the entertainment industry addressing strategies for finance, innovation and growth. In particular, Winston Baker is the leading producer of film finance conferences, successfully creating and organizing the Film Finance Forum ® Series and hosting sold out conferences across the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, China, and Latin America. For more information: www.WinstonBaker.com / @WinstonBaker.
WINSTON | BAKER
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amazon-studios-ted-hope-to-be-honored-at-entertainment-finance-forum-300407021.html
SOURCE Winston Baker