Amdocs Announces First Product Lifecycle Management Solution with Pre-Integrated Business Processes for Communications Service Providers Solution enables rapid introduction of new market offers by automating business processes based on best practices and centralizing all product information
ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At Management Word Americas, Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems and services, today introduced the Amdocs Product Lifecycle Management solution. The new solution centralizes and automates a service provider's internal workflow processes, from product ideation to launch, considerably reducing time to market. The solution is already being rolled out by two service providers, one in Southeast Asia and the other in South America.
The Amdocs Product Lifecycle Management solution incorporates:
- Amdocs' market-leading Enterprise Product Catalog deployed at more than 40 tier one and tier two service providers worldwide: centralizes all product information across the service provider's business.
- A best-in-class Business Process Management (BPM) platform: can be easily integrated into the service provider's systems environment and offers a highly collaborative workflow experience to internal stakeholders.
- Pre-integrated business processes best practices: based on experience gained by the Amdocs Consulting Division in its work with service providers to optimize product lifecycle management and in supporting organizational change management. Processes cover lifecycle management for both simple and bundled products and span more than 100 different workflow activities and more than 50 supporting web forms, such as forms to drive creation of market analysis, business cases, product design and network impact assessment.
"When launching a new product, multiple internal stakeholders are called to action, from marketing, finance and legal to IT and network organizations, challenging service providers' ability to launch products quickly," said Ari Banerjee, senior analyst at Heavy Reading. "The Amdocs Product Lifecycle Management solution is the first to offer pre-integrated business processes best practices to govern this complex flow of information, helping to speed service innovation and minimize time and resources spent on less optimal ideas by stopping them earlier on."
"Service providers today compete with agile over-the-top players and mobile virtual network operators," said Rebecca Prudhomme. "The new Amdocs Product Lifecycle Management solution leverages Amdocs' 30-years of experience in supporting service provider operations to introduce an effective solution that can help providers improve time to market, reduce operational costs, and better compete."
- Learn more about Amdocs Product Lifecycle Management solution
- Keep up with Amdocs news and blogs by visiting the company's website
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
For 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of over $3.2 billion in fiscal 2012, Amdocs and its approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 60 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business segments it serves, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, however the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2011, filed on December 8, 2011 and our quarterly 6-K filed forms furnished on February 2, May 15 and August 16, 2012.