Amdocs Employees Volunteer to Support Children around the World Amdocs marks United Nations' Universal Children's Day with activities to support children on five continents and conducts global donation drive for UNICEF
ST. LOUIS, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Amdocs, the leading provider of customer experience systems and services, marked Universal Children's Day this year by holding special activities in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. For the fifth consecutive year, Amdocs also conducted a global employee donation drive for UNICEF, targeted to raise funds to support children in need. Donations this year will go to a UNICEF project to empower adolescent girls in Brazil, with the aim of ensuring pregnant girls complete school by building a supportive and protective environment within their communities.
Activities organized by Amdocs employees to mark Universal Children's Day include:
- Amdocs centers in India partnered with several non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Pune and Gurgaon to host children supported by these organizations and employees' children for a day of fun activities. Universal Children's Day coincides with Diwali, the festival of lights, so Amdocs volunteers are using this traditional time for sharing, to raise funds for the NGOs by holding an exhibition of toys created by the volunteers themselves from recycled materials.
- In Denver, U.S., Amdocs volunteers, in partnership with a local hotel, provided Gemini House children who lack a stable home environment with a Thanksgiving dinner. As well as enjoying the meal, the children took an active role by learning to cook for the festive meal and decorating the table.
- In Israel, Amdocs volunteers organized a trip for more than 500 children from local boarding schools to the famous Hula nature reserve in the Galilee. The children enjoyed activities such as watching migrating birds, learning about the habits of migrating cranes and the tracking of their migration patterns, as well as a guided tour in a safari wagon to view the cranes up close.
"Amdocs' Universal Children's Day activities form part of our ongoing global program directed at supporting the communities in which we live and work. The focus of our program is supporting the well-being of children at risk and providing them with educational opportunities," said Brian Shepherd, group president for Amdocs. "While many activities are supported with monetary funding, employee volunteers who give of their time and energy, constitutes an integral part of the Amdocs culture. The volunteers work in long-term collaboration with community partners to bring maximum value to the kids whose lives we touch."
Hundreds of Amdocs employees volunteer on an ongoing basis and make a true difference in the lives of more than 4,000 children at risk in the communities where these employees live and work.
- Keep up with Amdocs news and blogs by visiting the company's website
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
About Universal Children's Day
Universal Children's Day was established by the United Nations in 1954 and is observed as a day of worldwide activity devoted to promoting the ideals and objectives of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the welfare of the children of the world. Universal Children's Day is marked on November 20.
UNICEF has been the world's leading agency for protecting children since 1946, working in over 150 countries to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. The world's largest provider of vaccines, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and deadly diseases including HIV/AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments. www.unicef.org
For 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of $3.2 billion in fiscal 2011, Amdocs and its approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 60 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business segments it serves, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, however the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2011, filed on December 8, 2011 and our quarterly 6-K filed forms furnished on February 2, May 15 and August 16, 2012.