ST. LOUIS, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amdocs, the leading provider of customer experience systems and services, today announced that it has been named Asia Pacific's "BSS Vendor of the Year", "Customer Experience Management Innovation of the Year" and "Managed Support Services Vendor of the Year" in Telecom Asia's 2012 Readers' Choice Awards. This is the fourth consecutive year that Amdocs has received awards for product leadership from this forum. Telecom Asia is a leading online information source for telecom companies and professionals across Asia Pacific.
The Readers' Choice Awards are held annually to recognize technology innovation and industry contributions made by top communication vendors operating in Asia Pacific. Nominations were made by analysts and consultants, with the final vote given to Telecom Asia's online subscriber base of service provider executives across Asia Pacific.
"In receiving these three awards, Amdocs has been recognized by our voting readership of local telecommunication executives not only as an innovator and major contributor to technological advancement but also as a leading managed services provider," said Joseph Waring, Telecom Asia group editor. "The fact that Amdocs has won the BSS award four years in a row is a real testament to Amdocs' industry leadership and the role it has established as a trusted adviser to service providers in Asia Pacific."
"We are able to offer service providers solutions that address their key objectives of simplifying the customer experience, staying ahead of the competition, acquiring new capabilities to offer and monetize new services, and streamlining processes and systems to be more efficient," said Rebecca Prudhomme, Amdocs vice president for product and solutions marketing. "We have more than 7,000 experts located in Asia Pacific, which demonstrates our commitment and ability to effectively support the business needs of our customers in this region."
Examples of how Amdocs is supporting local service providers:
- At Globe Telecom in the Philippines Amdocs is delivering a project under a seven-year managed services engagement for the transformation and continuous improvement of Globe Telecom's BSS and enterprise data warehouse in order to support Globe's objective to provide a new level of personalized customer experience.
- At Reliance Communications, India's third-largest broadband and telecommunications company, Amdocs recently performed an upgrade of the Amdocs customer management solution used by Reliance to provide enhanced customer care to its 150 million subscribers.
Amdocs continues to lead the communications market with the launch of new solutions, including the following announced in 2012:
- Amdocs BSS Advance and Amdocs Business Building Blocks
- Amdocs Product Lifecycle Management
- Amdocs Home Health Monitoring and Amdocs' solution for Aging in Place
- Amdocs Mobile Payments
- Amdocs Single Click Network Rollout
- Amdocs Enterprise Customer Management and Enterprise Service Fulfillment
Other industry accolades received by Amdocs in 2012 include:
- Amdocs Positioned in Leaders Quadrant for Integrated Revenue and Customer Management by Leading Analyst Firm
- Amdocs Positioned in Leaders Quadrant for Operations Support Systems by Leading Analyst Firm
- Amdocs Ranks 12th in List of World's 100 Best Outsourcing Providers across All Industries
- Amdocs Named "Number One Independent Software Testing Vendor"
- Amdocs Named BSS Vendor of the Year in Asia Pacific by Frost & Sullivan for Third Consecutive Year
- Amdocs Leads in Global Billing Market Share, Analyst Firm Reports
- Amdocs Achieves Number One Position in Global Billing Market for Fifth Consecutive Year, Analysys Mason Reports
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company's website
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
For more than 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of $3.2 billion in fiscal 2012, Amdocs and its 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 60 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs' ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2012 filed on December 11, 2012.