Amdro® Brand Introduces New Line Of Insecticides Through National Program And Product Launch Insect line protects households and landscapes against various pest issues
ATLANTA, May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For more than 30 years, the Amdro® brand has been trusted by homeowners and professionals to eliminate a wide variety of pest problems. As part of a national product rollout, Amdro today announced the introduction of a complete line of insecticides specially designed to combat ants, snails, slugs, roaches and other common insect species that damage landscapes and infest homes.
Amdro® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait, the brand's feature product, kills a range of ant species outside the home to prevent ants from coming inside. The bait is highly attractive to carpenter ants and 14 other ant species. Amdro® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait allows foraging ants to bring the granules back to their mound before taking effect, resulting in the entire colony, including the queen, being destroyed. After two to four weeks, the queen and the ants in the colony are killed.
"Amdro® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait allows homeowners to create a barrier of protection around their home, preventing ant colonies from invading interior areas," said John Gunning, Director of Marketing—indoor and outdoor insecticides, Central Garden & Pet Company. "Building on the expertise of the Amdro® brand in ant killing and control, consumers nationwide can now experience fast-acting and highly effective control through our complete line of solution-oriented products designed for a diverse range of insect-specific issues, application needs and plant types."
Along with preventing persistent ant problems, the Amdro® product line features several specialized options to control other destructive pests. For example, Amdro® Snail Block Slug & Snail Killer combats slug and snail infestations in lawns, ornamentals and edibles. Utilizing a new, highly-selective formula, people and pets can enter treated areas immediately after application.
The formula targets the unique oxygen transport system characteristics of slugs and snails. Once ingested, the feeding of slugs and snails is inhibited immediately. This physiological effect gives fast-acting protection to plants from further damage, as well as ensures beneficial species, such as honeybees, ladybird beetles and earthworms, are not harmed.
Other specialized insecticides within the Amdro® product line include:
- Amdro® Roach Block Home Perimeter Roach Bait is the only home perimeter roach bait granule available for residential use; kills a range of cockroach species outside the home to ensure they do not come inside
- Amdro® Pest Block Home Perimeter is designed with a showerhead sprayer so homeowners can easily apply a barrier around their home to eliminate the intrusion of more than 200 nuisance insects
- Amdro Quick Kill® Lawn & Landscape Insect Killer Ready-To-Spray & Concentrate helps homeowners reclaim their lawn and garden by eliminating more than 200 unwanted insects from exterior landscapes; a single application controls insects for up to three months
- Amdro Quick Kill® Lawn & Landscape Insect Killer Granules eliminates more than 50 nuisance and damage-causing insects from exterior landscapes—above and below the ground
- Amdro® Fire Ant Bait Granules help homeowners throughout the Southeast of the United States reclaim their lawns and landscapes from imported and native fire ants, as well as combat the spread of their colonies
- Amdro® Kills Ants™ Ant Killing Bait Stakes & Stations can be used indoors and outdoors to kill problem ants around homes, ornamental gardens and planting beds—preventing ants from infesting homes and landscapes
For the protection of specific plant types, the Amdro® product line offers these options:
- Amdro® Rose & Flower Care Concentrate tackles a variety of problem insects and plant diseases that damage roses, landscape ornamentals and flower beds
- Amdro® Tree & Shrub Care Concentrate provides outdoor ornamental trees, select fruit and nut trees, and shrubs with up to 12 months of protection from a variety of destructive insects
In support of the company's insect control line, Amdro has launched a national advertising campaign with commercials directed by the legendary musician and filmmaker Rob Zombie. The multi-part, tongue-in-cheek advertising series depicts homeowners, driven crazy by invading insects, having sanity restored by Amdro. To view the advertisements, visit www.amdro.com.
The complete line of Amdro® brand insecticides, including Amdro® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait, is available nationwide at big-box stores and at select independent and specialty retailers.
About Amdro and the Central Garden & Pet Company
The Amdro® brand is owned by Walnut Creek, Calif.-based Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT). Central Garden Distribution, a subsidiary of Central Garden & Pet Company, is one of the nation's largest wholesale suppliers of lawn, garden and pet supplies products with 11 distribution facilities spanning the U.S. Founded in 1980 as a distribution company, through a combination of strategic acquisitions and internal investment, Central Garden has evolved its business into a portfolio of leading brands in the lawn and garden supplies and the pet supplies industries. As a leading innovator and manufacturer of quality brands, such as Amdro®, Pennington®, The Rebels®, Lilly Miller®, Ironite® and Sevin®, Central Garden serves the needs of homeowners, DIYers, gardeners, pet owners, county extension agents, and professional audiences.
Central Garden & Pet and Central Garden & Pet with design, Amdro, Amdro Quick Kill, Ant Block, Kills Ants, Snail Block, Roach Block, Pest Block, Lilly Miller and Ironite are trademarks of Central Garden & Pet Company. Pennington is a registered trademark of Pennington Seed Inc. of Nebraska. The Rebels is a registered trademark of Pennington Seed, Inc. Sevin is a registered trademark of Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
SOURCE Amdro Brand