"We've seen plenty of visitors exploring the island in pursuit of Pokémon, but we want to make sure they don't miss all the real-world experiences you can only have on Amelia," said Gil Langley, managing director of the AITDC.
Travelers can start their PokéBreak weekend on Friday, Aug. 5 with Sounds on Centre, an outdoor evening performance in downtown Fernandina Beach; a Ghost Tour of Amelia Island, leading guests in the footsteps of the island's haunted past; or one of several performances at the Amelia Musical Playhouse. Other weekend events include the Shrimping Eco Tour with Amelia River Cruises, an interactive exploration of the St. Marys River Basin that includes using locally made shrimp nets to catch, display and identify local sea life in an on-board aquarium before releasing them.
Families visiting the island during their PokéBreak weekend will also find Amelia Island's waters perfect for exploration by kayak, paddleboard or even surfing, while her beaches are ideal for horseback riding and searching for shark teeth.
Packages and offers include:
- A 15 percent discount on a two-night stay at the Amelia Island Williams House
- A "PokéBreak for Two" package at the Fairbanks House, including daily gourmet breakfasts, evening beverages and hors d'oeuvres, complimentary use of bikes, pool and beach equipment as well as a choice of a private downtown carriage tour or two tickets aboard Amelia River Cruises
- A 25 percent discount on all purchases at Bijoux Amelia
- A 20 percent discount on the purchase of any item at Villa Villekula
- A 10 percent discount on Nature Center Tours at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
- A free fountain beverage with the purchase of a Tuna Poke Bowl at Timoti's Seafood Shak in the historic district
To plan your PokéBreak weekend getaway, visit www.PokeBreakAmelia.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amelia-island-encourages-fans-to-take-a-pokebreak-this-summer-300304272.html
SOURCE Amelia Island