American Airlines Introduces New Travel Options Offering Customers More Choices New AA.com Booking Experience Displays Round-Trip Fare Choices and New Combinations of Most Valued Products
FORT WORTH, Texas, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today American Airlines introduces its customers to a new booking experience on AA.com that displays additional travel options that provide better flexibility, value and convenience. Customers can select from new options that include a competitive, round-trip fare, as well as more ways to add new combinations of products and services they value most.
The new AA.com booking path displays round-trip pricing and the ability to quickly see fare choices that include additional features, such as no change fee, one checked bag, priority boarding, standby flexibility, earning more American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, or other benefits. These new choices, initially offered for travel in the 48 contiguous United States, also enable AAdvantage elite status members to receive new features that go above and beyond their current elite benefits.
"These travel options are another example of how we're building toward a new, innovative and more modern airline," said Rob Friedman, American's Vice President – Marketing. "With our renewed customer focus, we've designed these choices around what our customers tell us will make their travel most enjoyable – more flexibility and benefits that give them the most ease and convenience."
American's round-trip travel options now include:
- Choice: The lowest fare available in the Main Cabin that gives customers the flexibility to purchase additional products a la carte.
- Choice Essential: No change fee, one checked bag (or third checked bag for AAdvantage elite and oneworld® elite members) and Group 1 Boarding for an additional $68 round-trip.
- Choice Plus: No change fee, one checked bag (or third checked bag for AAdvantage elite and oneworld elite customers), Group 1 Boarding, 50 percent AAdvantage mileage bonus, Same-Day Flight Change, Same-Day Standby, and a premium beverage, such as an alcoholic beverage onboard for an additional $88 round-trip.
- Fully Flexible: Refundable fare, two checked bags, Main Cabin Extra/Preferred Seats, PriorityAAccess, Same-Day Flight Change, Same-Day Standby, and 500-Mile Upgrade eligibility (upgrades available after AAdvantage elite status members have been confirmed).
- Business/First: The lowest Business Class or First Class fare, including Instant Upgrade fares, is visible on the Lowest Fare tab. Customers booking Business and First Class fares will receive all the benefits they have come to appreciate, including priority baggage handling, up to three checked bags and PriorityAAccess.
Booking any of these new fares is simple, and as easy as a few quick clicks:
- Select your desired flights on the new AA.com booking interface, designed to easily guide you through the process.
- Browse the available fares and new options and choose the combination that best suits your travel needs.
To watch a video demonstration of the new and improved AA.com booking experience and learn more about American's new travel options, visit www.aa.com/new.
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle® and the AmericanConnection® carrier serve 260 airports in more than 50 countries and territories with, on average, more than 3,500 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers nearly 900 aircraft. American's award-winning website, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members and members-elect serve more than 900 destinations with more than 9,000 daily flights to 150 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. AMR Corporation common stock trades under the symbol "AAMRQ" on the OTCQB marketplace, operated by OTC Markets Group.
Current AMR Corp. news releases can be accessed at http://www.aa.com
SOURCE American Airlines