American and Canadian Investors Meet Ethiopian Government to Explore Phase 2 of Power Sector Transformation
ADDIS-ABABA, Ethiopia, September 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
"Africa is the youngest and fastest-growing continent, with young people that are full of dreams and ambition"
President Barack Obama at the US-Africa leadership Summit, WA D.C, August 2014
With the Power Africa Initiative investment extended to $276 billion to reach 60 million beneficiaries, America's role in the economic development of Africa is set to transform the power sector by supporting the development of power generation and transmission, making way for the advancement of the wider economy.
As the U.S.-Africa Energy Ministerial (AEM) came to a close earlier this year, EnergyNet will welcome representatives from USAID and OPIC to the 3rd annual Powering Africa: Ethiopia meeting in Addis Ababa from 20-21st November to discuss developments in Ethiopia's power sector and the positive impact of the Power Africa Initiative on the country to date.
The Powering Africa: Ethiopia meeting will connect Ethiopia's government and energy ministries with American power-infrastructure developers and financiers with the ability to bring capacity building to the region's renewable energy sector. With case studies from the likes of USAID, OPIC and Terra Global Energy Developers LLC, the meeting will welcome US and Canadian stakeholders looking to harness the country's vast renewable energy resources.
Key speakers include:
- H.E Alemayehu Tegenu, Minister of Water Irrigation & Energy, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- H.E Mr Dawano Kedir, State Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of F.D.R Ethiopia
- Admassu Tadesse, President and CEO, PTA Bank
- V. K. Khare, Chief Executive Officer, Ethiopian Electric Utility
- Peter Ballinger, Director, US-Africa Clean Energy Development and Finance Center, OPIC
- Behailu Assefa, Vice President, Terra Global Energy Developers LLC
- Lebbi Changullah, Secretary General, Eastern Africa Power Pool
- Neb Girma, Senior Transaction Advisor, Ethiopia Power Africa USAID
- Gosaye Mengistie, Director of Power, Ministry of Water & Energy
- Negus Kebede, Business Promotion Director, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Mollalign Abebe, Director, Legal Services Directorate, Ethiopian Electricity Authority
- Samson Atshba, Head of Renewable Energy Technologies, (EnDEV) Ethiopia
- Meseret Zemedkun (PhD), Geothermal Expert, United Nations for Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Abiyehoy Girma Mekuria, Senior Energy Officer, African Development Bank (Ethiopia)
- LIANG XUAN , Business Development Lead, MENA, Goldwind International Holdings
To view the full list of speakers, please visit http://www.poweringafrica-ethiopia.com
For more information about Powering Africa: Ethiopia:
Meeting dates: 20-21st November 2014
Venue: Radisson Blu, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contact: Amy Offord, Senior Marketing Executive