American Capital Agency Corp. Encourages Stockholders To Submit Voting Instructions For Its Annual Meeting
BETHESDA, Md., April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Capital Agency Corp. (Nasdaq: AGNC) ("AGNC" or the "Company") announced today that it is encouraging all stockholders to submit their voting instructions promptly for the annual meeting of stockholders to be held on May 1, 2012. Stockholders who have not yet voted may still vote in advance of the meeting by telephone or internet, as described below.
The items for discussion at the Annual Meeting include:
1. To elect the Board of Directors, with each director serving a one-year term and until his successor is elected and qualified;
2. To approve an amendment to our Certificate of Incorporation to increase the total authorized number of shares of common stock from 300,000,000 to 600,000,000;
3. To approve an amendment to our Certificate of Incorporation to increase the total authorized number of shares of preferred stock from 10,000,000 to 50,000,000;
4. To ratify the selection of Ernst & Young LLP to serve as our independent public accountant for the year ending December 31, 2012; and
5. To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
More information on the items to be discussed at the meeting can be found in the Company's proxy statement available at www.AGNC.com/2012proxymaterials.
AGNC has engaged Georgeson Shareholder Communications, Inc. ("Georgeson"), a proxy solicitation firm, to contact stockholders by telephone to encourage voting. Stockholders that have not already voted may receive calls prior to the meeting from Georgeson on behalf of the Company.
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS - SHARES HELD WITH A BROKER:
- Stockholders may cast their votes on the internet at http://www.proxyvote.com/. Please have the proxy control number from the proxy card available and follow the instructions provided.
- Stockholders who wish to vote by phone may call AGNC's proxy solicitor, Georgeson, at (866) 565-5423.
- Stockholders may contact their brokerage firms for help with casting their votes.
Please note that voting by phone or internet will require that you have your proxy control number available. This number is printed on the proxy card accompanying the Proxy Statement. Stockholders who have not yet received their proxy control number should contact their brokerage firm.
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS - SHARES HELD IN CERTIFICATE FORM:
- Registered stockholders may cast their votes on the internet at www.investorvote.com/AGNC. Please have the holder account number and proxy access number from the proxy card available and follow the instructions provided.
- Registered stockholders who wish to vote by phone may call AGNC's transfer agent, Computershare, at (800) 652-VOTE.
For further information or questions, please contact our Investor Relations Department at (301) 968-9300 or IR@AGNC.com.
ABOUT AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP.
American Capital Agency Corp. is a real estate investment trust that invests in agency pass-through securities and collateralized mortgage obligations for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency or a U.S. Government-sponsored entity. The Company is externally managed and advised by American Capital AGNC Management, LLC, an affiliate of American Capital, Ltd. ("American Capital"). For further information, please refer to www.AGNC.com.
ABOUT AMERICAN CAPITAL
American Capital is a publicly traded private equity firm and global asset manager. American Capital, both directly and through its asset management business, originates, underwrites and manages investments in middle market private equity, leveraged finance, real estate and structured products. American Capital has $68 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2011 and seven offices in the U.S. and Europe. American Capital and European Capital will consider investment opportunities from $10 million to $500 million. For further information, please refer to www.AmericanCapital.com.
SOURCE American Capital, Ltd.
More by this Source
American Capital Announces Change to Presentation Time at J.P. Morgan SMid Cap Conference
Dec 09, 2013, 16:00 ET
American Capital to Present at J.P. Morgan SMid Cap Conference
Dec 05, 2013, 11:35 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.